Forum Back?

Hey, finally the forums are back! 

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846

Looking great from here. :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Forget the forums, the store's actually working again. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Did they go down? I assumed it was my provider... Lately my internet has gotten so crappy it's hard to tell where the problem is.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    McGyver said:

Did they go down? I assumed it was my provider... Lately my internet has gotten so crappy it's hard to tell where the problem is.

Yeah, DAZ 3D had technical issues.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,734

I wonder if DAZ is getting ready for March Madness?!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

I wonder if DAZ is getting ready for March Madness?!

Its supposedly already started

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

Was getting a Cloudflare 522 error for the past couple of hours, either they have been "working" on the site again or someone has been "attacking" their server.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

I guess I was lucky in making my purchase early, so I had them to mess with. But, I missed keeping an eye on what folks were posting on the forums. I missed everyone. When you are retired, you don't get to see many people.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Daz has started March Madness off with a bang I see (or didn't see for half a day).

Laurie

• Bejaymac said:

Was getting a Cloudflare 522 error for the past couple of hours, either they have been "working" on the site again or someone has been "attacking" their server.

Same here — I was constantly getting the old favourite "cannot load personalised data" error instantly when I clicked the green login button, then a long delay before the CloudFlare error.

A few minutes ago I tried the link from one of my forum e-mails, and went right in.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

DIM wasn't working either and couldn't connect to Daz while using Studio. Seems like it was a huge server problem!  Trying DIM now. Hope I can connect! 

When I first opened DS I had a log-in hiccup, but when I did it again, all went fine without issue. I was able to download from DIM before the problems started.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...yeah, been down for several hours this morning here. 

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    AllenArt said:

Daz has started March Madness off with a bang I see (or didn't see for half a day).

Laurie

Yeah, something definitely went bang with the server software.

I actually submitted a 'site down' ticket to CS, something I've never done before, but after 5 hours of virtually no site, and with that item in the cart I wanted....

On the upside, now that things are working again, I managed to nail the math on the $30 off Daz originals flash sale thingie almost perfectly with 3 items.  The 3 items total before applying the coupon was $30.01, so the three items showed as free/free/.01.

Knock on wood so that things keep running smoothly for the next few weeks!

• meanwhile I gave up, walked down to the shopping centre ... and lost my credit card angry

...sad

• kyoto kid said:

...sad

the irony is I can still shop at DAZ and use phone and internet banking, just the card cancelled so cannot buy food until I get a new one blush

edited February 2020

...still not good. Hope you have a bit of a supply stocked up..

Pixels aren't as tasty as the real thing and not very filling or nutritious..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...still not good. Hope you have a bit of a supply stocked up..

Pixels aren't as tasty as the real thing and not very filling or nutritious..

I have edible stuffs but its going to be pretty miserable a few days, frozen veggies, rice and popcorn indecision and 3 fresh peaches

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited February 2020

the $30 with a new scored me 3 male outfits though for the price of one, the new one

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I hope your new card arrives soon or you can pull cash from your bank to hold you over. It bites to have your main card get compromised/lost, happened as I was going to my son's wedding to my debit card. I keep a spare credit card that I never use on the side, just for when my main one is taken down. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited February 2020

I calmed down a bit and realised ATMs do in fact have a cardless option and I can use my account access number and PIN

I actually did this once at a petrol station when I forgot my card

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited February 2020

I calmed down a bit and realised ATMs do in fact have a cardless option...

Two cardless options... the other involves a crowbar or blowtorch.

But technically one option is less frowned upon than the other.

Post edited by McGyver on

Well call me 'Boomer' but there is also that thing called a 'check book' which I always keep around. As my son found out at a small business one time, some of them will not take plastic, and he had no cash.