Getting a rigged clothing item to work w/dforce when non-fit to a character?

Basically, I want to be able to take a item meant to be fit to a character, like a shirt, and use dforce to drape it over furniture or whatever.  Problem is, if I take a clothing item meant to be fit to a character, but I don't fit it to a character, when I simulate it, it stays in place as if portions of it are pinned in place instead of succumbing to gravity. i.e. it basically stays in place and just portions of it react to dforce.  I looked at weight painting, etc, but nothing I do seems to correct this.  Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

There are most probably surfaces which are set as non-dynamic so they work correctly when on the figure, either with dynamic strength set to 0 or with a dForce weight map.

You could try exporting the clothes as obj, then reimporting them and applying a dForce modifier to all surfaces.

• Leana said:

There are most probably surfaces which are set as non-dynamic so they work correctly when on the figure, either with dynamic strength set to 0 or with a dForce weight map.

You could try exporting the clothes as obj, then reimporting them and applying a dForce modifier to all surfaces.

Hmm, good idea -- let me try that!