Enviornment

Anyone know when I load my enviornment why it shows so big and burry? arrggg!!!

Comments

• Depends upon the quality of the image being used for the backdrop.

• Angelman said:

Anyone know when I load my enviornment why it shows so big and burry? arrggg!!!

Not with the tiny amount of information you've given us, no.

• Just trying to load like a JPG and or a PNG background picture. It comes up very blurry and zoomed in. Do I have to have a certain kind of file for the environment? If so what kind of file is it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,161

Are you loading it in the environment map for Iray render settings? If so, is it an HDRI, or a regular 2D image? The Iray environment map is meant for HDRIs, which are 360° images projected onto a sphere. A regular 2D image projected onto a sphere the same way would be really distorted.

• Thanks Gordig...makes sense now..

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited February 2020

@Angelman

If you want a particular image as a background, create a primitive plane, then load your image as the texture map. Your can still light the scene with HDRI lighting by turning Draw Dome to OFF in the Render Settings> Environment pane.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • Something else to keep in mind is that HDRI files intended to be visible on the Environment dome are absolutely enormous — 8K or 16K pixels wide is fairly normal.

• If you want to have an image as the backdrop to your render, in the Render area click the Environment Tab (NOT the Environment bit of the Render Settings tab, that's different). Choose "Backdrop" in the Type dropdown, you can then choose an image (or a solid colour if you like) to sit behind your render.

Personally I'm more inclined to leave the background transparent in the render, and put the image in in Photoshop or similar. You have more control that way.