Daz Studio 4.6 Pro (current version) extremely slow on saving scenes.

hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Daz Studio 4.6 Pro (current version) extremely slow on saving scenes and yet one more wrinkle (the mouse losing focus bug when adjusting slders is back wi' a wannion). Current version of Studio Win.8,1 64 bit, 8GB RAM 4.5Ghz AMD.. A scene with 3 figures (2 M4 and one V4.2) 5 lights (no deep shadow mapping) and a base room scene) takes about 15 minutes to save).. DAZ is the only thing running, drive is a SATA and is not fragmented and has well over 1/2 Tb free. No speed issues on file operations outside of DAZ.. DAZ log file, no errors or warnings. Also Perfmon shows Daz running with an average of 25% CPU and 8 threads while saving.. No bottlenecks indicated overall by Perfmon or Resource Monitor

help? thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited to place full text of question in post

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Somebody had the problem that his desktop icon got set to Vista compatibility mode for whatever reason.
    After rectifying that DS ran well.
    Just trying to help ...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,193
    edited December 1969

Using legacy content, such as V4 or M4, is slower than using content which already exists as a DS4.x asset.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Using legacy content, such as V4 or M4, is slower than using content which already exists as a DS4.x asset.

Oh yes, but only the first time, right? A second time the scene should save faster because DS has saved the data to the Data folder?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,193
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Oh yes, but only the first time, right? A second time the scene should save faster because DS has saved the data to the Data folder?

I think so, maybe. I must admit to not having used much legacy content, at least for morph- and bone-heavy human figures, recently.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 1969

well.. FWIW I now get the following error in my logs..

"WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.:

Sigh..

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 1969

Well. I did find a cure.. Deleted all occurrences of the content databases, removed and re-installed the CMS service, and then deleted and remapped my content directories. Had Studio scan for new content, then reset and compacted the new databases. I archived the original databases before deletion, I think its time to have a look at them. IF they are SQL compatible, I should be able to see what the problems were.