Help with creating a gold shader in Daz 3d Studio Please

Cool BlueCool Blue Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in New Users

Yes:

I'm trying to create a gold shader in Daz 3d Studio and then save it as a preset. Does anyone more less have a recipe out there to create a gold shader, or get me started in the right direction. ?

Thanks allot fore all your support

Michael
( Cool Blue )

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited March 2014

I've got a few gold shaders in a couple of my packs but its a lot of trial and error to get it right. I think there are a few shader packs in the store that may have one

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

What sort of gold are you after? Super shiny or matte? There are many different ways to go about creating a gold shader, so it helps to have a clear idea of what you're aiming for.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I have been using the Fast Metals Shaders in the Ultimate Shader Pack by Georgehaze at ShareCG for several years, and there's several gold shaders included. Just go to ShareCG.com and search for Ultimate Shader Pack, which actually includes several packs of shaders. The Fast Metals is the one I use the most.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

Miss B said:
    I have been using the Fast Metals Shaders in the Ultimate Shader Pack by Georgehaze at ShareCG for several years, and there's several gold shaders included. Just go to ShareCG.com and search for Ultimate Shader Pack, which actually includes several packs of shaders. The Fast Metals is the one I use the most.
    Very good set, I have theses as well.
    those? them's? some word that goes there...
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Miss B said:
    Very good set, I have theses as well.
    those? them's? some word that goes there...
    That's OK Jade, I'm sure we all know what you meant. :coolsmirk:
  • Alowe49Alowe49 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

I built one with the built-in Shader Builder, however Daz crashed each time I tried to render with it used in the scene. Back to Ultimate Shader Pack for me.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,341
    edited March 2014

Miss B said:

I have it and it's a great pack.
    Also the free gold and silver shaders in the free 'Fisty's Shader' pack available on her Blackraven3D website are some of the best I have seen.
    She also sells a great shader pack 'Gemologica' here on DAZ; and it is on sale today as part of the March Madness sale.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

I have it and it's a great pack.
    Also the free gold and silver shaders in the free 'Fisty's Shader' pack available on her Blackraven3D website are some of the best I have seen.
    She also sells a great shader pack 'Gemologica' here on DAZ; and it is on sale today as part of the March Madness sale.

Charlie
    Oh I totally forgot about Gemologica. That's another great set, and I just remembered her Hardcore Utility Shaders for DS, though most of them are not what I'd call "simple" metal shaders.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134
    edited December 1969

DzFire's Real Metals for DAZ Studio is on Sale today and also includes a PDF tutorial about creating gold and other metal shaders.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Remember not to underestimate the immportantce of other objects in the scene. If your gold is shiny and reflective, it will only look good if it has something else in the scene to reflect. Think skydomes, ground, etc.