Pause or Quit for Installer

edited March 2014 in The Commons

I'm getting back into Daz3D, and have hundreds (maybe over a thousand) items that need to be installed.

So I get Install Manager and set it going. Then I realize there's no pause button. Well, I say, I really would like some bandwidth at the moment, so I guess I have to quit Install Manager and have it finish later. Then I find out I can't quit until installing everything is done.

This ranks pretty highly in the "bad user interface" list I have mentally. I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to escape.

I highly recommend adding a pause button, or at least changing the behavior so that trying to quit the program either quits immediately or puts up a screen saying "Will quit after current package is completed" and quits then. Or both.

(And yes, this started with a user error. But not a particularly uncommon user error, I'd imagine, nor an ID10T error.)

(Also - it's cool having a speel-checkeer for the forums, but it seems odd that it underlines "ID10T" to tell me it's wrong and then tells me "No Errors Found" when I hit the "Check Spelling" link. And for God's sake, add Daz3D to the spell checker's library!)

Post edited by Crystal's Renders on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

The Clear Queue button will remove all items that haven't yet been downloaded, you can then click the red X next to the remaining items to stop them.