Can't Import/Merge/Open Any File into Daz

OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
edited February 2020 in New Users

Hi. I am trying to change the base color of certain aspects of my G8F but all my options for replacing the current JPG are greyed out in the 'Editor'. This has never happened, usually I am able to change these to any other JPG. What parameter or oversight have I missed that could cause this? Thank you.

Update: I thought this was the only issue but all forms of importing any kind of file is greyed out. No idea what I did to cause this.

Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 11.36.41.png
2982 x 2158 - 2M
Post edited by OminousAutumn on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited February 2020

Are you using Catalina? It causes problems to DS to open files. There's a fix for that in the beta.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

Are you using Catalina? It causes problems to DS to open files. There's a fix for that in the beta.

This retriction is happening with every character now. At no point now on anyone can I change anything in this manner. Idk wth is going on or what variable changed to make the process retricted as it now is. Thank you for replying!

I meant Catalina as in the latest version of MacOS ;)

As usual Apple broke quite a few programs with their newest version, and DS is one of them.

• Leana said:

As usual Apple broke quite a few programs with their newest version, and DS is one of them.

Oh yes I did sorry bit slow. Catalina is my OS. When you say there is a fix in the beta, what does that mean exactly? I am I DL something from Daz? Your correspondence is apprecitated! 

Vanishot said:
    Leana said:

Oh yes I did sorry bit slow. Catalina is my OS. When you say there is a fix in the beta, what does that mean exactly? I am I DL something from Daz? Your correspondence is apprecitated! 

You would need to download and install the latest beta version of Daz studio. Here's the thread about the beta version, which includes an FAQ about how to install it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341006/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-12-1-55-updated/p1

• Leana said:
    Vanishot said:
    Leana said:

You would need to download and install the latest beta version of Daz studio. Here's the thread about the beta version, which includes an FAQ about how to install it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341006/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-12-1-55-updated/p1

Thank you kindly.

• Leana said:
    Vanishot said:
    Leana said:

I have updated and this has not affected the problem at all. Is this now a restricted aspect I have to wait for the software to catch up to? Any other ideas? Ty.

Are you sure you launched the beta version?  The beta doesn't replace the general release version you already had, it's installed as a separate program (so that you can test the beta but still have the latest stable release in case there are problems with the beta).

• OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
    edited February 2020

Idk?! I followed the directions from the FAQ, backed up the 'Daz database' and it looks to me that the icon that opened 10.4 now opens beta. I dont see a seperate icon for the old one in my apps. :(

Post edited by OminousAutumn on
  • You should have two icons, one for Daz Studio 4.12 (64 bit) (the general release) and one for Daz Studio 4.12 (64 bit) Public Build +BETA+ (the beta)

• You should have two icons, one for Daz Studio 4.12 (64 bit) (the general release) and one for Daz Studio 4.12 (64 bit) Public Build +BETA+ (the beta)

I wish I did but I dont! Ugh.

edited February 2020

According to this post the beta should be in /Applications/Daz 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit Public Build (I don't have DS on a Mac myself so I can't check)

Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

According to this post the beta should be in /Applications/Daz 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit Public Build (I don't have DS on a Mac myself so I can't check)

Neither of mine say either, "Public Build" or "Beta". Not that it mattered bc I was having the same problem with the old software as I am with the new one. I have found however that dragging and dropping files into certain slot is working. The real main issue that literally nothing will open from the menu anymore. Cant open anything into a scene but "recent prejects". Its pretty nuts sad

Neither of mine say either, "Public Build" or "Beta". Not that it mattered bc I was having the same problem with the old software as I am with the new one. I have found however that dragging and dropping files into certain slot is working. The real main issue that literally nothing will open from the menu anymore. Cant open anything into a scene but "recent prejects". Its pretty nuts sad