FYI: Caution when you cancel the Platinum Club...

joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It's been coming a long time that I quit- I don't use Studio 4, I loathe the Genesis character...

Yesterday I decided to cancel my subscription, figuring that I'm either good through the end of the month, or at least to the 21st, the day DAZ takes my payment....

Nope. Neither. I was cancelled, and that's it. Thing is, I was paid through the 21st. I had to call DAZ and ask them to refund me the difference. Now, to their credit, they refunded the entire month, but had I not called, I wouldn't have gotten squat. That seemed a little scummy to me.

So, if you quit, just be sure you do it the day before your payment is due, or call DAZ to get your refund.

(It's things like this which caused me to leave the PC...)

..Joe

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Yes, this has come up before - unfortunately cancel is an instant effect, and there doesn't seem to be a way of simply saying "stop taking payments".

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that happened to me too.

My comment on it was ignored when I posted it mainly because everyone was freaking out over more common problems.
    BUT anyway...
    I have been trying to keep an eye on what is going on here and have been reading post about all sorts of issues people are having (read STILL having)... I have not been able to read all of them since there are SO MANY and SO MANY posts were merged into other threads.
    Mainly I've been keeping track of this like some Mad science/business experiment... I'm really curious where this all goes and how customers and long time DAZ fans take this all.
    No animosity, just curiosity.

What I did NOT KNOW was that this issue was happening to others as well.

I don't want to come across as being rude or anything like that, and I do appreciate RH's acknowledgement of the issue and the other Admins and Mods working to keep things together with shoelaces and bubble gum... BUT....

Really?... Isn't that something worthy of a sticky or being added to the "SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION" list?

"Member Until: 7/01/12" means PAID MEMBER UNTIL 7/01/12... you paid for the month- you get a month. Period. If there is a problem with it, NOTIFY PEOPLE OF IT SO THEY CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ON HOW TO PROCEED.

If you go to the grocery store and self checkout register number 8 is not giving customers who use the "store discount card" the correct sale price and you a holder of that card get charged full price for the purchases HOW would you feel if you went to the manger to complain and he told you "yeah we know about it... we'll fix it soon"... Really?.. you knew?... but you couldn't give me a heads up on that,yeah?... 2¢ worth of paper, ink and tape stuck to the scanner display that says "THIS REGISTER NOT READING STORE DISCOUNT CARDS"...

HOW LONG DOES THAT TAKE? lets see- I'll time it... Assuming the paper, ink and tape is within arms reach at the time of notification of the manager or supervisor... 10-12 seconds to write the message and depending on the distance to the register, maybe a minute or two to walk there and place said note... You can't spare me the hassle or now having wait on a long line at customer service to get this fixed? Or do you just expect me to "eat" the difference and be a good sport about it?
    DO YOU SEE HOW THAT LOOKS?
    AM I REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD SPORT ABOUT IT IF YOU KNEW ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND DID NOTHING TO WARN ME?
    WHAT WOULD YOU (DAZ DECISION MAKERS) DO IN THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES... WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE ELSE?

AND... I really don't giving a flying fruit bat if you posted a note about it in the dairy case behind the strawberry yogurt... only someone buying yogurt might see that... if they look in the back of the case.

and YES that IS what it is like... if it was mentioned in a some thread that is back 10 or 20 pages or on page 38 of the WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE PC CLUB thread (also 10 or 20 pages back)... THAT does NOT constitute a message warning me of a problem... it is DIRECTLY the equivalent of the damned post-it note in back of the strawberry yogurt. IT DOES NOBODY ANY GOOD, EXCEPT THE LUCKY FEW TO WHO IT APPLIES AND HAPPEN TO FIND IT.

I'm really not angry... I only lost six days of my membership... I'm annoyed for the people who are losing more and or have to deal with the hassle of trying to fix this AVOIDABLE problem.

I'm also concerned for DAZ... WHAT THE HELL is going on there? Do you people read the forums? Do you see how annoyed people are? Yeah, some mistakes are avoidable for some customers IF THEY READ THE FORUMS AND DIG INTO THEM... is that really how you want their experience here to go? Are new customers supposed to except this? Are old customers supposed to just swallow it and wave the team flag and go "yay!" ?
    DAZ... really... how long would you put up with it?

DAZ you created the "SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION"... Do you really expect customers to read through 44 friggin' pages to see if their problem is being address or what to do about it?
    That aint cutting it.
    "What Store Issues are being currently addressed and Why the New Store?" aint cutting it either.

DAZ- I know you are having a hard time with the store change over and regardless of who or what's fault it is, throw the customers a bone here... IF YOU ARE AWARE OF A PROBLEM- MAKE A DAMN STICKY ABOUT IT, APOLOGIZE AND INFORM THEM OF WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT...

DON'T MAKE THE CUSTOMER HUNT FOR ANSWERS OR THE WARNINGS.

IT LOOKS REAL BAD!

There is a dinner near where I live that the owner constantly goes around and greets customers and asks "hows it going?" and there is another one I hardly go to where I'm pretty sure if the damn place caught on fire the apathetic owner would run out the back and not tell anyone.

Which one would you like to eat at... more importantly, which one would you rather be like?

You can't please everyone... but you can certainly piss off everyone very easily and quickly.

• TimesurferTimesurfer Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

lol another sticky? then we will have a bunch of posting complaining about to many sticky's... has happened a few times in the old forum :lol: