does public shower come with water props? - or showery type steam?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited March 2014 in The Commons

i see one promo with shower water, but it's not listed under 'what's included'?

http://www.daz3d.com/public-shower

thanks

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

The water in the promo might be SickleYield's Rigged Water, which I see listed in the "You May Also Like" sidebar....

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

was a short lived shower scene in my mind, lol. snapping towels ,

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    The water in the promo might be SickleYield's Rigged Water, which I see listed in the "You May Also Like" sidebar....

I'd like to say it is, but that doesn't look like my rigged shower prop. Mine was made of a bunch of small rounded bits, and that looks like a transmapped set of planes. Maybe it was made using another shower product from the store?

The splashes at floor level look to be Ron's Water Brush postwork, a must for any serious renderer who works with water. ;)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I wonder if someone got that to work in DS... spent an hour trying to make something happen and failed. I just deleted out of the scene and will see about postworking some in.

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited March 2014

Hi!

No the water shown in the artistic render was my own model. I originally had it included in the set but the review team didn't like the shape of it so I had to take it out of the product. That is why it was linked to the rigged water set on the recommended products area.

Also, I can't recommend Ron's water brushes highly enough for post working water in.They are an absolute must have! He has several. I used Splashes I and II for this set but I have most of his brushes. They are all worth it.

EDITED TO ADD:

Misty if you picked up the set and you want the static prop water I made for it, just PM with an email I can use to send it to you. I still have it and I am happy to share.

~Bluebird

Post edited by Bluebird 3D on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I wonder if someone got that to work in DS... spent an hour trying to make something happen and failed. I just deleted out of the scene and will see about postworking some in.

It is one of the very few Nerd3D items I don't have, sorry - or I would try to help.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Hi!

No the water shown in the artistic render was my own model. I originally had it included in the set but the review team didn't like the shape of it so I had to take it out of the product. That is why it was linked to the rigged water set on the recommended products area.

Also, I can't recommend Ron's water brushes highly enough for post working water in.They are an absolute must have! He has several. I used Splashes I and II for this set but I have most of his brushes. They are all worth it.

EDITED TO ADD:

Misty if you picked up the set and you want the static prop water I made for it, just PM with an email I can use to send it to you. I still have it and I am happy to share.

~Bluebird

thank you for the prop offer. :)

silly reviewer, lol. haz to wonder bout some of their decisions.

i had the bundle in my cart last night, then decided it was too pricey without an actual 'shower'.
    i was ready to pickup the genesis towels as an accessory. then it became superfluous.

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

Hi!

EDITED TO ADD:

~Bluebird

thank you for the prop offer. :)

silly reviewer, lol. haz to wonder bout some of their decisions.

i had the bundle in my cart last night, then decided it was too pricey without an actual 'shower'.
    i was ready to pickup the genesis towels as an accessory. then it became superfluous.

Ahh gotcha!

Well the offer still stands. If you want the water for free, let me know and I will send the props over. Completely up to you.

The bundle set is doing very well so I can't complain, either way. :)

~Bluebird

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Wow, that does really look like the spray tool. Nice work on the prop, I have no idea why people wouldn't want it included. I use the spray tool and overlap the render at like 50% opacity in PS and it comes out pretty nicely whenever I do water scenes.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Originally I actually also wanted to post a thread to ask whether the water prop is included or not :) I guess I will drop a PM, but you might get quite a few PMs ;)

• xjadexxxxjadexxx Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

I did get The Spray Tool from Nerd3D to work in DAZ Studio. At first I could not get it to work, but a quick message to the vendor netted results. If I remember correctly, it installs with a Poser and DAZ version, and I was attempting to use the Poser version, so I checked the DAZ library, and that version worked fine. It also has documentation, and there are a couple of elements to coordinate (sprayer and target), but once you have your "oh yeah" moment, it works fine.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited April 2014

I just had an exchange of IMs with Nerd3D about the Spray Tool, and found that it actually does work in DS 4 (I'm using 4.6.2.118).

The documentation for the Spray Tool says that the "Spray" slider under the "Simulation" header is what controls the spray of water, but according to Nerd3D, the value of that slider has to be between 0 and 90 for it to work properly. (His explanation is that DS doesn't work well with controls that aren't limited at one end of the scale or the other.)

At a setting of 0, nothing will be visible (which makes sense), anything between 0 and 90 will give you the spray effect, and anything above 90 will again not show anything.

The screenshot shows the Spray Tool loaded with one of its presets applied, with the "Spray" slider set to 45, and you can see that the spray is visible and it does render properly. All of the other controls also appear to work.

I hope that helps.

Untitled.png
    1920 x 1080 - 224K
    Post edited by Morpheon on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2023

Unfortunately, it seems that The Spray Tool isn't in the shop anymore.

As for the rejected sprayed-water prop...  I could definitely use it.  Any chance of it simply being attached to this thread?

edit: Actually, these look like they might be useful.

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-water-iray-2022

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-shower-enhancer-iray-with-dforce

...and maybe, possbily the spray water in this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/cosy-bathroom-with-rigged-shower-and-poses-for-genesis-8-female

...and someone in another thread mentioned this one you could pull out the water spray prop:

https://www.daz3d.com/fg-locker-room

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 359

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Unfortunately, it seems that The Spray Tool isn't in the shop anymore.

As for the rejected sprayed-water prop...  I could definitely use it.  Any chance of it simply being attached to this thread?

edit: Actually, these look like they might be useful.

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-water-iray-2022

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-shower-enhancer-iray-with-dforce

...and maybe, possbily the spray water in this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/cosy-bathroom-with-rigged-shower-and-poses-for-genesis-8-female

...and someone in another thread mentioned this one you could pull out the water spray prop:

https://www.daz3d.com/fg-locker-room

I guess the tool was deleted from the store sometime in the the last nine years.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Be aware that, like this thread, Public Shower is very old, and comes from the time before Iray.

If you're looking for a basic shower jet, you could try this freebie: Improved Water Jet

I used it in this entry for the Freebie Challenge a few years back (everything in this picture is free):

Also available in my gallery

• Nice.

Grabbed it, grabbed some of his other, related stuff too.  The link to some of the textures for it is broken in the shaders, but that was easily fixxed by me drilling down into the folder where his textures are, saving a shortcut to that folder to desktop, then cut-and-pasting that shortcut into the folder I'm plopped into when I click the Locate button on the dialog.  From there, I simply then click the shortcut folder to get to where the textures are.  For some reason the PP2 is pointing to /Runtime/Textures/Poser 7 TEXTURES/MikeB51/... instead of /Runtime/Textures/mikeb51/... where the actual folder for those is.  Minor, minor inconvenience. laugh

My only (minor) gripe is this shower-spray prop isn't rigged so one can bend it towards the floor for when the shower head is at an angle, but I can't really argue about that when its free.  That said, I'd love to see someone make a similar-looking bendable, cone-shaped shower-spray for situations like this.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    Mine are rigged and as such can be bent. Just saying
  • I've bought quite a lot of yours, actually.  I think I have most of your rigged (and unrigged) water squirting and spraying prop sets.  I think one of yours that I don't have has a posable, cone-shaped shower-spray in it. (And I don't know how I managed to NOT spot that one earlier.)  I'll pick the remaining ones of yours up at some point.  Your watery prop sets have been invaluable to me.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

I tested it in Iray a while ago, it works quite well just applying the Iray Uber base shader to everything, as shown here.  I was surprised that the metal also remained blank without applying specific metal shaders. 

public_shower_iray.png
    1331 x 962 - 2M
    public_shower_scene.png
    1322 x 962 - 2M
  • Well, when I applied Daz Uber iray to it, it made the Wall Shower go transparent... which I don't think is what was intended.  And it looks like it did so in your renders, too, particularly visible in your second image, since you can see the indented floor of the Wall Shower through the outside floor-edges of it.  When I saw the Wall Shower go transparent, I exited back out of the scene to go find another solution, since I didn't want to go hunting through the entire Surfaces pane to figure out which bit was making the whole thing go totally see-through.

You can also see it quite clearly (pun NOT intended! laugh ) in my screengrab here.

image_2023-03-29_052619953.png
    1920 x 1050 - 673K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

Hm, yes, haven't noticed the transparency thing before now.  Rather strange.

Used the opportunity to test some shaders I bought recently, they're pretty good IMO:
    https://www.daz3d.com/glossy-bricks-2--iray-shaders

Similar, but with a bit more variation:
    https://www.daz3d.com/glossy-bricks--iray-shaders

public-shower-updated.png
    1322 x 962 - 2M