Acer's ConceptD 7 Ezel is a laptop for creators

"Announced [early Jan] at CES in Las Vegas, the ConceptD 7 Ezel line is one of the latest additions to Acer’s ConceptD PCs and workstations for creators, which were originally introduced last April. These systems are designed for digital-era artists, videographers, designers, and other “creator” types.  Acer found these users were often buying gaming PCs ... Prices will start at $2,699."

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3512035/acer-conceptd-7-ezel-and-conceptd-ezel-pro-are-convertible-laptops-for-creators.html

Pricey.  But looks cool ... cool

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Looks interesting... and yest pricey. Like the easel effect.  My only beef with Acer is that when you have a tablet mode, doesn't that mean the 'guts' are all in the screen side?  I had my stepson's develop a bug as it had Windows 8 and it could not be repaired as you cannot get to a hard drive... it's all integrated in the screen not in the keyboard half.  Does that mean if something this pricey fails (after warranty), it cannot be fixed?

Maybe something this expensive will be more accessible to repair.

frown  Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    SileneUK said:

Does that mean if something this pricey fails (after warranty), it cannot be fixed?

I dunno, never had anything like this, just saw the CES item in a magazine.  For non-animation work (that's done on a tower), I'm plugging along with my old conventional Toshiba laptop - 17" screen, Core i7, dual hard drives (one is a bootable backup of the other).  Pretty old school, but it does what I need to do ... 

cool