FaceGen vs Face Transfer vs Headshop 12. Pros & Cons?

13»

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

Although I don't plan to use it much at all anymore, I intend to buy FaceGen Artist Pro for Genesis 9 even though I have to pay full price again. However, this time, I will buy it from the DAZ Store, if it's offered there again, as it makes the distribution of upgrades and bug fixes for that version less problematic for me. It definately has to be improved with the higher poly counts in Genesis 9.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2023

Sharing for the group here, as this seems to be the latest, active thread on the subject. This was a new creation today, made with a similar general process as the one I described a few weeks ago.

The shape here happens to be part Face Transfer, part dFace (a utility elsewhere). I have definitely have had better luck with FaceGen textures exported without the "adjust colors for Iray rendering" setting. Then I just modify the texture files to create my own SSS files.

Nonesuch00: There have been several minor releases for FaceGen since I upgraded a few weeks ago, what I believe are for minor fixes. They (the other company) sent an email with a link to the latest version to download.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on