Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    using the clump tool mixing it with other settings and tool you can get some nice looking tight curls.

The hair looks great but what the 'H' happened to his ear? I hope that's not an issue with the hair mesh................ ??

Yes thats just the Yannis textures I was just messing with applying different textures they are available at Renderosity the dark parts are in the texture and the texture set has hair on the texture hense the dark parts on sideburns and the ears are dark also, Ill render him without any hair on the model so you can see its just the texture set and nothing to do with LAMH.. ;)

Hope that is what you were refuring too, if not save the render and mark the part you are refuring too if you like.. :)

Steve.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    using the clump tool mixing it with other settings and tool you can get some nice looking tight curls.

The hair looks great but what the 'H' happened to his ear? I hope that's not an issue with the hair mesh................ ??

Yes thats just the Yannis textures I was just messing with applying different textures they are available at Renderosity the dark parts are in the texture and the texture set has hair on the texture hense the dark parts on sideburns and the ears are dark also, Ill render him without any hair on the model so you can see its just the texture set and nothing to do with LAMH.. ;)

Hope that is what you were refuring too, if not save the render and mark the part you are refuring too if you like.. :)

Steve.

KrazyHorse2

Here you go this is a render before the hair and the hair added so you can see if it is what you were on about.. :)

TightCurls.jpg
    800 x 800 - 367K
    YanMapsNoHair.png
    800 x 800 - 494K
  • KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

KrazyHorse2

Here you go this is a render before the hair and the hair added so you can see if it is what you were on about.. :)

Just got back to the computer, and yes that is what I was talking about. Thanks for the reference image. I thought he had an ear plug inserted, most unusual... Again, Thanks!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

by the way Sal those tight curls in that style is FABULOUS!! LOVE it! You are a pro at short styles :D

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Alex, Is there any way to go over, briefly, how to load up Genesis, saving out created hair for it and what all one needs to do to make it a conforming prop for Genesis for those that might need to feel that it's not going to be to much of a hassle? Also, if it's a conformer for Genesis WILL it follow the head shapes?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Is this still in Beta? I'd applied way back when to be a beta tester but I guess there were already too many people who had applied and I never heard anything.

Some of the renders look just fabulous!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It really looks like a must-have ...

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Is this still in Beta? I'd applied way back when to be a beta tester but I guess there were already too many people who had applied and I never heard anything.

Hi Alisa, it's still in beta but things look good so far. Getting rid of the last bugs and issues.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Alex, Is there any way to go over, briefly, how to load up Genesis, saving out created hair for it and what all one needs to do to make it a conforming prop for Genesis for those that might need to feel that it's not going to be to much of a hassle? Also, if it's a conformer for Genesis WILL it follow the head shapes?

Hi Richard, when you mean prop I assume you're talking about how to deal with exported .obj's?

edited December 1969

I guess, I'm not sure how it's all exported and conformed to Genesis or any other figure. It's a prop then I'll just use my PP2 to Figure tutorial and that will be fine but if you have an internal path that works I'll want to use that for sure then.

Thanks!

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Hi Alisa, it's still in beta but things look good so far. Getting rid of the last bugs and issues.

Good to hear :)

• BlackAppleAlchemyBlackAppleAlchemy Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I can hardly wait for this, please keep us informed. I have some ideas on using it with static (obj files) hair.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Alex?

My apologies for asking this when it may have already been answered but I wanted to double-check and make sure.

Can people who do NOT have LAMH still use and render hair made in LAMH?

Will hair made in LAMH render in Reality?

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Cheeky hair style for a cheeky lad! Finally have my new computer and can actually give LAMH a proper test drive!

David_LAMH2.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 289K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Alex?

My apologies for asking this when it may have already been answered but I wanted to double-check and make sure.

Yes non LAMH users can use hair made with the tool with some reserves. The creator will have to export as OBJ and this could be potentially massive file...There are ways to make smaller but i think a lot of experimenting would be needed to do so. It' won't be super easy.

Same with reality, the user can export the hair as an OBJ, but again will be huge. While he has said it is doable, I don't think it is what people are trying to make it out to be.

I for one have no intention of sharing or collecting OBJ hair files from people, that's a lot of work. I would like to try rendering in Lux/Octane to see how much memory it eats up. it was quoted that a standard human hair obj file could be 200mb and eat up 1.7gigs of Vram.i've gpt 3 gigs of vram, and my typical scene right now is 900mb to 1.5 gigs of vram, so one human hair file may or may not fit.

EDIT: Read from here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/P435/#133641

if you read that page you will see a short discussion on the matter

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Alex?

Yes non LAMH users can use hair made with the tool with some reserves. The creator will have to export as OBJ and this could be potentially massive file...There are ways to make smaller but i think a lot of experimenting would be needed to do so. It' won't be super easy.

Same with reality, the user can export the hair as an OBJ, but again will be huge. While he has said it is doable, I don't think it is what people are trying to make it out to be.

I for one have no intention of sharing or collecting OBJ hair files from people, that's a lot of work. I would like to try rendering in Lux/Octane to see how much memory it eats up. it was quoted that a standard human hair obj file could be 200mb and eat up 1.7gigs of Vram.i've gpt 3 gigs of vram, and my typical scene right now is 900mb to 1.5 gigs of vram, so one human hair file may or may not fit.

EDIT: Read from here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/P435/#133641

if you read that page you will see a short discussion on the matter

This may not be necessarily true. I'm not going to speak for AM, but from a technical standpoint there is a way (actually a couple) to allow other DS users to use a created hair without using OBJs and not have LAMH creator. This is all dependent on how AM implemented a few things. Since I don't know all of the inner workings of LAMH, I cannot speak for the current implementation. As for external renderers like Lux and Octane... well, those renderers have their own issues that will determine how to get the hair into them.

Sorry for being vague, but AM now has a direct competitor and I'm not going to give much detail away without AM's approval.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Just thought I would post this. :)

LAMHCompilation.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 140K
  • ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

I really like the possibilities of what I have seen of this. I do have a question - will this hair respond to gravity, motion, and collisions? In other words, is it animation friendly?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Out of curiosity, what renderer was used when making this last pic, Sal UK?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know this much about if they could be used by other users. They (the hairs) are made of 3D splines (curves) that 3Delight can read and render. So if they can be saved out (they can be) then other users could load and use them. They are very fast at render time because it is not really an object but a Math function (I think) that will be rendered by the engine.

That might be a bit off in my wording but not off in the use of the items by others.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

I really like the possibilities of what I have seen of this. I do have a question - will this hair respond to gravity, motion, and collisions? In other words, is it animation friendly?

Not yet. Something Alex is going to work on in future revisions.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Out of curiosity, what renderer was used when making this last pic, Sal UK?

Hi all 5 were rendered inside DS with uberenvironment 2 for the lighting, I am starting on rendering inside Reality so in the next week ill try and post some results.. :)

Steve

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

I am really looking forward to seeing this available :)

edited December 1969

Like that mix of what can be done with the program to make short hairstyles Sal. Nice going! :kiss:

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Like that mix of what can be done with the program to make short hairstyles Sal. Nice going! :kiss:

ty for the comments... yes i have messed more with short hair, though you can make long hair well hair,grass,fur ect. at the moment i am trying out exporting objs for reality/luxrender maybe when i have messed with the exports and if It aint released by then ill see about posting long hair renders.

steve

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Those hairstyles look great, Sal UK! This project looks very interesting; I'm eager to see how well the .objs will work in Poser. Maybe we can finally get some nice kid hairstyles.

edited December 1969

Someone a while back asked for fur today I messed with furing the subdragon just for fun...lol

SubdragonFurJPG.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 617K
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Someone a while back asked for fur today I messed with furing the subdragon just for fun...lol

that is gorgeous!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

*clunk* <---- sound of jaw dropping!</p>

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To heck with the plugin, I'll buy that Sub-D hair right now. How Much? Name a price.

This discussion has been closed.