GTX 1650 not being used in rendering. - SOLVED

scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69
edited January 2020 in New Users

Hello I have GTX 1650 6GB, and I've been trying for ages to make it render my stuff, but I couldn't. The cpu is the one doing the job. I know this thread made several times but non of those helped me. Most people say there isn't enough space in the GPU to handle my scene, even though it's a just a character G8 that has nothing on her. So I really doubt it's that. I tried ticking GPU alone in render settings and leaving out CPU, but when I hit render it doesn't do anything. I even lowered the iterations down to 300 but with no use. I tried turning off OptiX acceleration thing, that didn't work either. The GPU does a good job in other softwares like in redshift and prorender in cinema4D. so I don't know what's wrong. Could it be that I installed Daz on an SSD? it would be strange because C4D is also in there and it has no problems. I read Daz manual but I couldn't link what's in there with my problem. 

Post edited by scyhoce on

Comments

• Can you render a cube or sphere primitive (Create>New Primitive)?

• scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69
    edited January 2020

No, I tried disabling Optix and doing everything I mentioned above

Post edited by scyhoce on
  • You didn't list trying a scene with just a promitive, though, which would be a test of memory. Which driver version are you using?

I would hugly appreciate any help on this. I'm getting frustrated. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited January 2020

So you have tried a scene with just a primitive? What does the log file say after trying to render (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File; the relevant section will be at the end)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Sorry, I was losing track of versions. If you are using DS 4.12 then the minimum driver version is 430.86, so 417.88 will fail.

I'm sorry too, I went to sleep. Also I'm sorry for not being able to make myself clear, English is not my first langauge. I meant That I did indeed try rendering a primitive but that did not work as well. 

Sorry, I was losing track of versions. If you are using DS 4.12 then the minimum driver version is 430.86, so 417.88 will fail.

So do you mean this could be it? that would be amazing, Do you recommend downgrading Daz3d itself or the driver? 

• Unless you have a back up of an older isntaller for DS then you would need to update the drver - 430.86 was pretty good, although I can't use it on my new PC; the version I currently have, 441.66, also seems to work well.

Thanks! I finally got the gpu to work now. I downgraded to 430.86 and it seems it fixed my problem. Much appreciated! 

• Me too have the same issue. I have  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB memory.

I have installed Geforce Game ready driver 446.14, the latest one.

Here are the details

Driver version: 26.21.14.4614
    Driver date: 15-05-2020
    DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.1)
    Physical location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

Dedicated GPU memory 1.9/4.0 GB

Shared GPU memory 0.1/7.9 GB

GPU Memory 2.0/11.9 GB

Any help?

• Are you sure it is not being used? Though 4GB of memory, if that's what Iray sees, is not very much.