How to disable auto-add keyframes?

Hello! Sorry for my English.
I have been working with Daz for a long time, but only now I'm interested in animation. And immediately there was a problem whose solution I could not find on the forum. The problem is that when setting keyframes, for example 01 and 60, keyframes begin to appear between them automatically, which deprive me of the ability to normally edit the animation. How to disable or bypass automatic frame creation?
Many thanks.

Comments

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

Are you talking about interpolation? That's a feature of all 3D animation. If you want no interpolation you need to animate frame by frame instead of pose by pose.

• Yeah. No this is really ridiculous, actually. I've combed through the forums and no it seems there isn't a way to turn off auto-keyframe. This is something available in any other program - after effects, c4d, lightwave, I could go on. in fact most of them you have to turn ON the autokeframe function. Every stationary item has to be controlled at key 0 if parameters need to change so if the playhead is at frame 80 and you check to see if a parameter could look better or hide something to find something else BOOM you just screwed it all up.

And there's zero guarantee that "undo" will take away that keyframe and only slightly better chance of figuring out what node that keyframe is even on.

DAZ3D PLEASE FIND A WAY TO DO THIS.

• I've never seen keyframes automatically appear between the two frames you're working on. Daz Studio only makes keyframes on the active frame by itself. The rest is interpolation, which you can turn off on a keyframe-by-keyframe basis.

• It's not a matter of "between" frames. The basic point is that moving, posing or altering the parameters of an object (camera, light, figure, etc.) adds a keyframe at that point in the timeline. So if you change something somewhere in the timeline you could be changing the parameters of one or more objects in the scene. Then when you render you get about 10 frames in and weird stuff happens.

Case in point: In order to speed up rendering of a scene, I'm making background visible in one render and foreground in the other. In the process of figuring out how much light the foreground was getting from the background, I turned lights on and off, moved stufff around or turned of objects in background. 10 frames into the animation stuff started to disappear and reappear. Lights go up and down, etc. When I discovered this I also discovered that finding those keyframes and deleting them was a huge pain, because they were everywhere on multiple layers.

There should be an option for the animator to decide whether an object should be keyframed. I read that there is code out there that will make something not animatable but that's a whole tutorial about ripping into the code that I'd have to get into.

• Same problem here. And it gets worse with animating expressions on a character. I can't even find those keyframes in the timeline to delete them!

• This problem, along with the lack of proper managing of bezier curves it's the worst part of Daz. Animating it's a real pain, and it's sad because Daz has very power tools.

• mgr0704 said:

Same problem here. And it gets worse with animating expressions on a character. I can't even find those keyframes in the timeline to delete them!

Yeah, this is really messed up.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • I am having the same issue I am importing animation from face mojo but when I scrub through the time line and find a expression I want I push it a little but and it auto keyframes that group and I cant even find the keyframes. I ultiamtily have to delete the whole character and start over as the keyframed facial areas are still there and there is no keyframes in the time line sooo annoying. 

• CGI3DM said:

Here Script for Objects/nodes

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/unanimate-and-reanimate

Site main

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/Home

really cool I see if this works with expression, this is close to what I was looking for I feel like this is a bug or a unentemded feature 

• CGI3DM said:

Here Script for Objects/nodes

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/unanimate-and-reanimate

Site main

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/Home

this script fixe my issue I was able to select the child nodes and unanimate it really helpful!!