Transfer Utility Problem

scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69
edited January 2020 in New Users

Hello, I've been trying to rig my cloth I made in MD (exported from there as an obj) to a daz G8 character but I'm having some troubles. I loaded the same character I'm trying to dress to MD as an avatar, made the dress, exported the dress back as an obj to Daz3D, it fits nice, but when I try to rig it using the Transfer Utility, this happens. (See attachmnet 1). 

Now I feel I have to say that the g8 character height has been modified. I only remodelled the body and face using SY morph sliders. Maybe I should have done something right after I remodelled the character? I feel that Daz thinks the character I have now is the hight of the original G8 so thats why when I try to rig it, this happens. I've tried to search fro my problem here but with no luck. This is the last Transfer Utility configuration I made, though I've tried many other combinations (see Attachment 2.)

Annotation2.png
476 x 672 - 42K
Post edited by scyhoce on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

If the clothes were modeled on a non-default character you need to use "item shape: current" in the "source" parameters when you use the transfer utility.

• scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69

Thanks, it seems that I needed to try what you said and have the "Reverse shape source from target" checked both at the same time, I have never tried this combo before. Thanks again. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Oh right, sorry, I didn't see it wasn't checked. You need "reverse source from target" checked so that it knows there's a non-default shape to "undo", and the "item shape: current" tells DS what to "undo".