Help for cloth deformation.

Hello. I need help. I modeled this costume for the Genesis model in Zbrush. I applied it on the model but when I move the arm from the "T" pose the tip of the costume follows the movement of the arm and goes down. How can I solve this problem? Can you help me? Thanks in advance. Piero.

Cattura 2.JPG
633 x 839 - 43K
Daz 1.JPG
669 x 885 - 49K

Comments

• You can edit the weight maps, usng the Node Weightmap Brush tool (and the Geometry Editor tool for selection) to remove the influence of the arms bones; however, if you do that the area will also stay put when the arm is raised, which may be undesirable. Another option might be to edit the limits on the clothing's version of the bone, so that it stops at the level but still responds when the arm is raised. You coudl also just use dForce and not worry about the rigging.

• MI3DARTMI3DART Posts: 24

Richard, any tutorial on how to do any of those two procedures? I've tried to figure how to edit the Weightmaps on my own but couldn't fix the issue I have (a raised neck on clothing that moves with the head).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited January 2020

Select the head bone, switch to the Node Weightmap Brush tool, in Tool Settings select the General Weights map (assuming this is Genesis 3 or 8), right-click in the Viewport>Geometry Selection>Select All, right-click>Weight Editing>Fil Selected and enter a value of 0 - that should clear the head influence and put it all on the neck. (you may also need to clear some other bones - essentially start at the end of the chain of bones and work up towards the ehad, do the head last (or the neck if you want to clear that). Edit: I gather this is actually Genesis. In that case you need to select each of the maps that are listed in the panel in Tool Settings in turn and clear them - you can ignore any that are in the drop-down list above, Available Maps, as they are not doing anything anyway.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MI3DARTMI3DART Posts: 24

Thanks!