Can this be right?

I am rendering a file that is only 300x300 dpi in 3Delight. It has been running for more than an hour and is ony 40% finished. I actucally need a 3000x3000 dpi file but that wasn't going so well either.

I am using,  MacBook Pro, Memory: 16 GB ram, OS 10.14, Daz 4.12. 

Is this supposed to take this long? It didn't usd to take that long.

Screenshot 2020-01-17 19.42.31.png
2418 x 1296 - 903K

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,210

You are rendering with 3DL, but most, if not all, of those scene elements are Iray. That can cause significant performance problems, as you might have noticed. Studio is pretty good at automatically converting to Iray from 3DL, but not the other way around. There are tools to do that, both free and paid, if you want to go with 3DL. Iray can run without an NVIDIA GPU, maybe painfully, but it would probably go faster than what you are getting there.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    vindazi said:

I am rendering a file that is only 300x300 dpi in 3Delight. It has been running for more than an hour and is ony 40% finished. I actucally need a 3000x3000 dpi file but that wasn't going so well either.

I am using,  MacBook Pro, Memory: 16 GB ram, OS 10.14, Daz 4.12. 

Is this supposed to take this long? It didn't usd to take that long.

No, it's not supposed to take that long! To understand why, we need to see the rendersettings, especially shading rate and sampling, also make sure you use 3DL shaders.