Animation Pinning to animate push ups

TimVukmanTimVukman Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi

I am trying to animate a character to do push ups. I have moved the pivot point to between the feet at floor level and rotated my character into position. I have set three poses as down, mid and up.

I would like some help in either pinning the hands to the surface or any other means by which I can keep the hands from moving between poses. I want the motion to be done purely with the shoulders and elbows as a real person would do it.

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,826
    edited December 1969

Which application?

• TimVukmanTimVukman Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard

Daz 4.6.2.118 Pro Edition 64-bit

Tim

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Just to tease...

PushUps.gif
    450 x 253 - 555K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,826
    edited December 1969

If you get the base pose right, you can then use the Universal tool to pin the hands and feet, via the pin button on the manipulator when you have them selected, and then adjust the upper body up and down as needed. You can also try the Active Pose Tool, again pinning the parts (this time through the Tool Settings pane) but that is limited to dragging on a body part in the viewport - it may work here, and the pins are stickier than with the Universal tool, but it is less flexible.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tease tjeb :) That certainly is what I want to do.

Richard

The quick response is appreciated. I will play with the pin button on the Universal tool. Haven't done that yet. If I can't get to what I want I will try the Active Pose Tool. I hadn't expected two ways to do this.

Appreciated

Tim

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Well, here is the third way to do it, in case you give up:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/53379/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/10-times-pushup-animated-pose

Works on Genesis as well.
    The animated gif is obviously one cycle repeated endlessly. The whole sequence is 10 push-ups and come to stand.
    In case you're not familiar with shareCG: you need an (free) account to download.

edited December 1969

Thanks tjeb!

I tried pinning the front of the foot and the palms of the hands. I don't really need to pin the foot as that is my pivot point.

The palms are pinned on a flat plane and pinning them makes no difference that I can see. I had hoped that when I rotated the body, the elbows would bend for up and down movement like your sample.

I created a CG account and I will look at the link that you sent.

thanks

Tim