Happy New Year 2020

createocreateo Posts: 15
edited January 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Dear Carrara users, my greetings,

Made With Carrara, render Octane3.03, background GoPro Fusion 360

Carrara is for me always a very good software in its heart of creation !
"Simply" missing updates. How many creative software can take pride in remaining effective in their field after 7 years of abandonment on the part of their distributor ?

Here is the email I left at DAZ when talking about Carrara :

Hello,
All my wishes for 2020!
alas, I don't know if I could wish for carrara in 2021 :-(
This 3D software which has not had any evolution for 7 years which, thanks to its very well thought out functions (at the time), continues (painfully) to be present in the field of 3D with professional rendering.
Do you realize the quality of the creation heart of this software? Sometimes I wonder !?

Stay efficient for as long without any noticeable changes in the interface, functions, algorithms. It's very impressive in the software field! Especially since the competition is very aggressive.
This is proof of the great design quality of Carrara.
I am a graphic designer and I use many graphics software, also in 3D, and despite the technical efficiency of the competition, and the obsolescence of certain functions of Carrara, I still like to use it, yes. Many of its functions go to the essentials and their "deployment" does not open "factory interfaces".

Even when faced with a 3D Blender that I know very well which is very effective in many fields (perhaps too much), it remains competitive by its intuitiveness, its apparent simplicity. But basically, you can do sophisticated and impressive work with Carrara.

If you can't (or dare) launch an update program yourself, there is still a Carrara community that believes in your software and may be able to help and advise you. The foundations of Carrara are always excellent !!

It is not a question of entering into direct competition with very heavy software, but rather of supporting a software whose ambition is to bring artists to create. Some functions like rendering, splines, particles, bones, sculpting and some modifiers should be "refreshed", but this is not like designing new software. All these functions were already present a long time ago!
 With hindsight on the current market, we see very well what it would take. Even Daz3D, which is modern software, is less ergonomic and its "creation horizon" is limited to a single 3D domain. Carrara is versatile and efficient in simplicity.
What is very negative in production is its rendering time.
Is it so difficult to update your rendering engine or build bridges to Cycle style engines? Some independent developers would be willing to work on it! Could you help them?
Subsidize them?

Happy new year 2020, and I still hope for a Carrara X

Greats

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Happy New Year!

Thanks for posting your letter.  Curious if they will even bother to respond.

Love the image!  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Wow! Happy New Year to you too!!!

I love your letter!

I feel the same way. I like using Carrara more than anything else. Blender is really pushing boundaries, but Carrara has done the magical thing of having Poser/Daz3d compatibility - at least up until Genesis 2, which has limited compatibility, and Genesis 3 and 8, which have none aside from Misty's awesome works which make Genesis 3 and 8 compatible versions for Carrara, rather than the other way around.

I would love to see Carrara rise to a more popular height of awareness amongst the 3D/CG community.

Cheers! And Thanks for this!