DIM is not letting me log in.

Edit/update:

Experimenting resulted in the lone fact that it's not an issue with CMS as far as I can tell. I click on the download button and press login, it crashes. No matter the password or anything. There's no loading bar up in the upper right hand corner for when it loads account info, it just instantly crashes to desktop.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
So! I've done a few things. 

I've made a new install. Fresh install, tried logging in...and as soon as I press login (whether my password is correct or not) DIM closes. Crashes. It's gone. 

Looking in the log this is all we got.

+++++++++++++++ Install Manager 1.2.0.52 starting +++++++++++++++++

OS bits: 64

Platform bits: 64

Qt Version: 4.8.7

Locale: en_US

Running on Windows 8, Build 9200, No Service Pack Installed

Physical Memory:

Total: 31.7 GB (34118193152)

Avail: 20.5 GB (22099529728)

Virtual Memory:

Total: 127.9 TB (140737488224256)

Avail: 127.9 TB (140732964364288)

Current Memory Usage: 35%

Current DateTime:

Loc: Tue Jan 7 22:55:05 2020

UTC: Wed Jan 8 05:55:05 2020

Application Data:

Location = C:/Users/tn900/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager

Disk Total: 461.2 GB (495309549568)

Disk Avail: 70.8 GB (76027944960)

Reading dzInstall.ini

Cannot locate dzInstall.ini

Starting CMS...

Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client.

Anyone got any ideas? In the Roaming folder (C:\Users\tn900\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D), there's two folders. InstallManager, and CMS.
Inside of CMS is only one txt file. 
And the log I pulled from the log file in the InstallManager folder.

Post edited by tn9007723_4bf184b952 on

Comments

• I would suspect permission issues or security software issues. Have you ever tried running Install Manager "as adminitrator", that can cause permission problems.

• Well when I tried to do that it gives me an error that DAZ Install Manager can't be run with elivated permissions. That and I was running Mcafee and had since uninstalled it. And this issue still stands. There's nothing else being provided other than an error log. Worst of all, on an old PC of mine it runs perfectly fine, can log in, everything. So, I have no idea if it's installing and missing something in the installation process or what. 

• I said it could cause permission problems, not to try doing it. I was asking if you had done it in the past.

• I've been having the same issue since I got a new computer on the 3rd. I haven't found a way to fix it yet. And just like you, it works fine on my old computer--except that my old computer barely runs, hence I got a new one. :(
  • I've been having the same issue since I got a new computer on the 3rd. I haven't found a way to fix it yet. And just like you, it works fine on my old computer--except that my old computer barely runs, hence I got a new one. :(

What security software are youusing? Have you transferred backed-up settings from the old PC?

What security software are youusing? Have you transferred backed-up settings from the old PC?

I've done this. Tried to transfer backup settings after DAZ wasn't working on my new pc from my old. And it still crashes. It's not a normal crash though as I've discussed with some other people. It's a crash where...
    When you go to log in on the install manager, you enter your info, press log in, and then a bar shows up, upper right hand corner of the login window.
    When I press login, spinny circle on the mouse, and then crash to desktop. No error code or anything. Doesn't matter if it has access to CMS.

There's no antivirus besides windows firewall installed.

• Well, I wasn't suggesting you should try installing backed up data - I asked because it can coem in with the wrong owner and so not allow things to work correctly (using the TakeOwnership scrpt usually fixes those issues). If it's only crashing on attempting to log in that does sound like an issue related to secutiry software or basic networking, causing the attempt to get locked, or permissions, accessing some needed file, but I'm afraid I can't give any specific suggestions.

• The only thing I think it could be is some networking error on my pc specifically. I'm not sure what it's trying to do or if anything is wrong...

• I have this same issue with my new PC, Need a fix, I have tried reinstalling with out security software running, I am on Windows 10 professional 64bit and my old pc was the same. The new one just wont run DIM. With Daz I can run it, as soon as I try to login to my account either in DAZ or DIM they both crash.

• I have this same issue with my new PC, Need a fix, I have tried reinstalling with out security software running, I am on Windows 10 professional 64bit and my old pc was the same. The new one just wont run DIM. With Daz I can run it, as soon as I try to login to my account either in DAZ or DIM they both crash.

So this issue isn't just me, this is happening to new people as well. What kind of computer do you have? And when did you purchase it?

For me, mine's recent. December 2019 recent.

So this issue isn't just me, this is happening to new people as well. What kind of computer do you have? And when did you purchase it?

For me, mine's recent. December 2019 recent.

Sorry for the delayed response, I have a brand new Dell Inspiron Intel Core i7, Daz should run like a lightning bolt but to no avail it just crashes still

• I keep getting this error, regaudless of unistall and reinstalling the Postgresql.exe 

"C:/Users/scorp/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms/ContentCluster/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

The directory is there, however the .conf file it is asking for is not, I have made sure that windows firewall and virus is not deleting that file, I have also tried installing and running while antivirus and firewall are disabled, same results. Anyone have a .conf file I could place in that folder to try? 

• That sounds like folder permissions stopping the application from creating the configuation file.

• Hi, I have exactly the same problem!   It looks like only happens on recently released new laptop models. 

I have just bought the newly released Razar Blade Steath 13" few months ago, and whenever I tried to login to DIM or Daz Studio, it crashes right back to Desktop without any warning window popping up.

I have contacted customer services and been trying to find out the problem since January 2020, and 4 months later till now, we still couldn't find out what the problem could be..

I have just tried to format the whole Windows, to remove any possible antivirus or firewall blocking the software. Installed DIM right after installed Windows, then....SAME old problem, crashing back to Desktop. 

It's very annoying and I rely on the software and their assets I bought to work on different projects....If anyone finally find out a solution, please let us know here, thanks!

• eltoddeltodd Posts: 0

This is happening for me on a brand new dell xps 13 as well. I have a fresh reimage of windows on another PC, but have no issues over there.

It shipped with McAfee, but I uninstalled all of that to no avail. I've also tried disabling the firewall entirely. Like an earlier poster said the DIM can't be run as administrator, but it does create the %APPDATA%/Roaming/DAZ 3D folder on startup.

The log that gets recorded ends with:

Reading dzInstall.ini
    Cannot locate dzInstall.ini
    Starting CMS...
    Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client.

I've tried a few different network environments.

• bosco_changbosco_chang Posts: 3
    edited April 2020

I have found out a temporary solution with the help of their help center team, I have to first install the 32bit version of Install Manager, with that I can successfully log in and download everything I had purchased, have them all installed. Then I can open Daz Studio, make sure I don't log in to it, otherwise it would crash again, but I can work in offline mode but with all my models and stuff already installed. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I had the same problem with a new laptop. The bosco_chang's solution is working for me. I hope there will be another solution soon.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

I'm having this exact same issue.  I'm moving from surface book 1 to a new surface book 3.  Has anyone found a solution?  I may try the 32 bit dim, but does that mean I can't use smart content because I have to work in Daz in offline mode?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,275
    edited March 2021

Well, @Worlds_Edge, I guess you have a solution. Pardon the tone for the rest, but there seems to be a general lack of understanding of how Smart Content works and what it really is.

You do not need to log in from Studio to use Smart Content if you use DIM/DAZ Central to install your products. Smart Content (compatibility, content type, etc) is determined by the metadata that is installed with the product. Logging in from Studio to "update" the metadata will give you no end of grief, as has been discussed elsewhere. The metadata you get from Connect is the same metadata that is installed from the .zip files used by DIM/DAZ Central. Once your content is installed with DIM or Central, you will not benefit from Connect in any way, so do not log in from Studio. Ever.

If you do want to use Connect, use only Connect*. Do not cross the beams.

</rant>

ETA: Except for plugins, which need Studio shut down to install properly.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on