Stephanie 3 Petite Base questions

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
edited December 1969 in New Users

I tried to install this item into different locations.
First I tried to install it into the DAZ content folder.
I also tried to install it into a Poser external runtime.

I got a message very much like this..... "The required content has not been found. Stephanie 3.0 Petite upgrade will now quit."

This is not the exact wording, but very close. Is this an upgrade to a prior version of Stephanie, and do I need that?
What is going on, and what do I need to do?

Thanks very much.
R

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

which product did you buy? can you link to it?

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2012

What is the file name?
    DAZ released 3 versions of Steph 3P.
    There was the original release, the upgrade to the first release, and the final release.
    Go to your DAZ downloads, reset and re-download a new copy of Steph 3P final.
    This should solve your problem.

EDIT: cross post.

That is the upgrade to the original Stephanie, and you must have it loaded first.
    The one you want is.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stephanie-3-0-petite-base/
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited July 2012

There are actually two SP3 base products — the one you bought, which is an update from an earlier Victoria 1 vintage figure, and the standalone SP3 base, which is probably what you should have bought. No need to panic, you can get your money back with the DAZ 30-day refund offer. Although right now you might have a bit more than the usual couple of days wait, the support people are still neck-deep and clubbing alligators from the recent somewhat less than successful store "update".

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kitty and nitehawk.

That is a big disappointment. Now the price on Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base
    you recommend is gone up to $27.00, way more than the sale price.

Hold on....Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base (Upgrade from Stephanie)... that I did buy, apparently is compatible with V3 and S3, according to the "Additional Information" section.
    Does this mean it can be used with V3?
    And what Stephanie is referred to here?

Thanks.
    R

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It shouldn't say compatible with V3, that is wrong. It does state that it is an upgrade, and as has been said already, it is an upgrade from the original Stephanie figure,

The only compatibility the SP3 has with V3 is that they can use the same texture maps. They can't use each other geometry.

Anything that says it is an upgrade will always need something to upgrade from.

If you don't have the original Stephanie figure then this upgrade is useless for you, and unfortunately the only thing you can do is ask for a refund, expalining that you bought it in error.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

apparently is compatible with V3 and S3, according to the "Additional Information" section.

Something else that can bite you in the anatomy — the names of some figures are a bit inconsistent. In this case, S3 is SP3 is Stephanie Petite 3 (that last with or without the 3... at least until SP4 was released as a V4 morph). It's confusing, I know, but we've been dealing with it for years and we've got used to it. You'll soon figure it out.
  • edited July 2012

And what Stephanie is referred to here?
    The original Stephanie is apparently no longer in the store, but she was the roughly the equivalent of Victoria 2. The image below shows what she looked like.

Oddly, the Stephanie Reduced Resolution Figure is still available, but you can’t upgrade from that.

That is a big disappointment. Now the price on Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base
    you recommend is gone up to $27.00, way more than the sale price.

Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base is $27.97 (Pt Club Price), but the upgrade you purchased is still only $6.95.

Stephanie_1_1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 31K
    Post edited by daz.3d_6d12b24f7e on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the help and clarification, everyone.
    Randy