Help- DazIM crashes on log in

I got a new Windows 10 computer and tried installing Daz Studio 4 on it like I had on my previous two computers. I downloaded and installed Daz Install Manager, but each time I log in to it, it crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled again and again (26 times according to the log). It still works fine on my previous computer.

This is the error log:

Faulting application name: DAZ3DIM.exe, version: 1.2.0.52, time stamp: 0x5da619bb
Faulting module name: LIBEAY32.dll, version: 1.0.2.8, time stamp: 0x573e3641
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000e6643
Faulting process id: 0x2d1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c37268c8f4d6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\DAZ3DIM.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\LIBEAY32.dll
Report Id: e1f18407-1c9b-476a-8943-d9c6492388d0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I've been trying to understand this for two days now, and my head is spinning. With what little I know of how to read this error, it's getting hung up on the libeay32 driver, something about not being granted access to a server library? I've gone into my program files, right-clicked on both the daz3dim.exe and libeay32 driver to view their properties, and given my user full control in the security tab. This didn't solve it though.

One thing I find odd, though, is that even when I uninstall and re-download, it still remembers my username on the log in box, so it must be holding onto that somewhere.

Please help me understand and fix this!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited January 2020

What is yur security software? that DLL is used for the secure connection, apparently, so security software may be interferring.

Your settings are stored in

%appData%/daz 3d/installmanager/useraccounts/

in the Account.ini file - but I don't think this islikely to be a settings issue in DIM

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I am having the same issue, have you managed to find a resolution?

• johnsim9johnsim9 Posts: 0

I have the same issue. Anyone any idea as to the solution?

• lok1728lok1728 Posts: 1
    edited May 2020

I found a solution that worked for me, as I was having the same issue. The library file LIBEAY32.dll (I couldn't find the version file of this from the original DAZ installation) is causing the error with the OpenSSL. I renaming the error working by copying the LIBEAY32.dll (Version 1.0.2.21) from the Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.2u file.  (note this is for 64bit). For whatever reason, the log in section of DAZ would always crash unless I worked offline.

1. Downloaded the Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.2u file from here:http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html and ran the exe. (I placed all the files in the BIN folder vs. the windows folder.)

2. Renamed the LIBEAY32.dll in the \DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1 folder to LIBEAY32.bak

3. Copied the openSSL file LIBEAY32.dll to the \DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1 folder

Loaded up both DAZ Studio 4.12 and/or the DAZ Installer and was able to login and proceed all working correctly!

Hope this helps someone else.

EDIT: 

Also, forgot to mention, you have to backup and replace the DLL file in the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\  folder as well

Post edited by lok1728 on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

I have discovered that this exact problem is occurring with my DIM fresh install.  I wen to your link and downloaded OpenSSL but I can not locate the LIBEAY32.dll anywhere in the BIN or install folder.