Scripts and Favorites location/edit

How can I edit/find the Scripts and Favorites entries in main menu?

Thank you

Scripts_Favorites.jpg
906 x 269 - 64K

Comments

• My Library > Scripts

• MazakMazak Posts: 19

Nope

• Window>Workspace>Customise, look in the Menus tab on the right under Main Menus>Scripts

• MazakMazak Posts: 19

Thank you Richard, thats it is yes

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 373

I had to move some hard drives around, got my runtimes where I need them. None of my favorites worked. So using Richard's comment, I found where the favorites are and cleared them all.

But now when I try to add one back in by right-clicking it and Create Custom Action, it tells me that item is already there. Indeed it shows it in favorites again, but doesn't do anything when selected.

So I cleared it again, closed DS, re-opened. Added a favorite again, and same thing. DS tells me it's already there, but the one just added doesn't work.

Is there something else I need to clear? A cache somewhere?

Thanks!

• Are you asking about Custom Actions or Favourites? The latter, I think, is an add-on plug-in or script rather than a core part of DS.

Are you asking about Custom Actions or Favourites? The latter, I think, is an add-on plug-in or script rather than a core part of DS.

I'm talking about when I right-click an item in the library, then choose Create Custom Action. I choose Favorites as the place it should go.

• Are you asking about Custom Actions or Favourites? The latter, I think, is an add-on plug-in or script rather than a core part of DS.

No, it's a part of DS now. I'm running a base line install, no plugins etc. in 4.12.0.86 and it's there. Just a optional/variation/rename of the Scripts(custom action) menu apparently.

As to Steel rat's question.

Might need to try using the Apply then Accept, after deleting the items added, to get it to clear the deleted files. Sometimes just clicking Accept doesn't clear it.

As an option, you can manually edit the Customactions.dsx file(User>Appdata>roaming>Daz 3D>Studio 4), bit of a pain but can be an option.

No, it's a part of DS now. I'm running a base line install, no plugins etc. in 4.12.0.86 and it's there. Just a optional/variation/rename of the Scripts(custom action) menu apparently.

Yes, Custom Actions are.

As to Steel rat's question.

Might need to try using the Apply then Accept, after deleting the items added, to get it to clear the deleted files. Sometimes just clicking Accept doesn't clear it.

As an option, you can manually edit the Customactions.dsx file(User>Appdata>roaming>Daz 3D>Studio 4), bit of a pain but can be an option.

Steel Rat said:

Are you asking about Custom Actions or Favourites? The latter, I think, is an add-on plug-in or script rather than a core part of DS.

I'm talking about when I right-click an item in the library, then choose Create Custom Action. I choose Favorites as the place it should go.

It may be that the menu item does still exisat, even though the action that it pointed to was removed (and so the menu entry will be hidden). Have you checked the Menus tab on the right of the Customise dialogue?

I tried apply, then accept, same result.

Have you checked the Menus tab on the right of the Customise dialogue?

That's where I started. Menus tab, then I expand Main Menu where the Favorites list is. I remove all the items from that list, then apply, then accept, same result.

edited January 2020

I found that. All of my previous custom actions are still in there.The problem is they're using an absolute path instead of relative to the Library. So since I moved drives, I have to edit those paths.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Post edited by Steel Rat on

So, I think this can be classifed as a bug. No?

Editing Customactions.dsx did not solve the problem. I renamed it and let DS create a new one.

Definitely seems like a bug to me.

• What happens if you create a custom action, but don't place it in the same menu?

I tried placing one in a scripts submenu off favorites, but had the same problem. It told me it was already there.

I can re-create the shortcuts by deleting the customactions file as mentioned, but that shouldn't be necessary.

• No, I would not think so. Unfortunately I didn't move my interface setting files across when switching to this PC so I can't test to see if I get the same.

You could edit the paths in the customactions file and that will let you duplicate the problem.

• whalefordwhaleford Posts: 4
    edited March 2021

Steel Rat said:

You could edit the paths in the customactions file and that will let you duplicate the problem.

Ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem and my favorites bar is now useless.

Post edited by whaleford on
  • BlueSiriusBlueSirius Posts: 86
    edited March 2021

Have you tried cleaning out the custom section on the left before updating with new custom actions?

Windows --- >Workspace--> Customise > Custom

To the right you can place these custom actions in various menu and drag around, but to the left is this custom section being a list of any custom actions that have been added even if removed from the menu options on the right.

Customise Capture.PNG
    516 x 693 - 124K
    Post edited by BlueSirius on

Whaleford, yes, it's kind of buried up there, but it's this:

I found that [Customactions.dsx file(User>Appdata>roaming>Daz 3D>Studio 4)]. All of my previous custom actions are still in there.The problem is they're using an absolute path instead of relative to the Library. So since I moved drives, I have to edit those paths.

BlueSirius, that is one way. Of course DAZ made it difficult in that you can't directly edit the path to the action. All I needed (and I need to again, a drive letter changed for an unknown reason) was to change a drive letter. But using the menus as you suggest, I have to open each one, then navigate to the cuustom action I want, and save it. If you have a lot, that can pretty time consuming. They should have made such a thing a relative path, so it follows along with your library, instead of an absolute path.