Does K4 Clothes fit to G8/3?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
edited January 2020 in New Users

Hi! :D

Does Kids4 clothes fit to G8 or G3?

I dont have Kids4, but I like the aviablity of so much child clothes ^_^ and... are the K4 clothes iray compatible? I have the feeling the clothes are all more made for the old 3D style, I love to make realistic looking images :)

And have K4 Clothes even morph sliders or is that only possible on newer Dformer clothes?

Edit: I remember I had 2-3 basic clothes... and used the pants already.

but not fitting at all... (no anatomical things under it).

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,786

I tried K4 items on G8M once and it didn't work at all. But it looks like you already got much further than I did if that's a G8 figure in your screenshot!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

K4 clothes won't autofit to G3/G8 by default. From memory, there was a freebie K4 clone for the first Genesis, so if you can find this you could autofit them to G1 and then from G1 to G8.

Yes, K4 clothes can have morphs. Morphs have nothing to do with dForce.

And no, most K4 clothes won't have Iray materials as they were created years before Iray was added to DS. You could convert their materials to Iray or use Iray shaders on them, though.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    Hylas said:

I tried K4 items on G8M once and it didn't work at all. But it looks like you already got much further than I did if that's a G8 figure in your screenshot!

It is G8M with Kid sliders yes.

Leana said:

K4 clothes won't autofit to G3/G8 by default. From memory, there was a freebie K4 clone for the first Genesis, so if you can find this you could autofit them to G1 and then from G1 to G8.

Yes, K4 clothes can have morphs. Morphs have nothing to do with dForce.

And no, most K4 clothes won't have Iray materials as they were created years before Iray was added to DS. You could convert their materials to Iray or use Iray shaders on them, though.

I have the feeling iray mainly started its way during 2018-2019. So I have a good start with daz3d... I mean my Account is much older, my first order is dated to 2017. And I remember I was complete unable to use daz3d xD and just uninstalled it :P

Iray was added in DS 4.8, which was in 2015.

Leana said:

Really?.... I have the feeling it got more around in the last 2 years...maybe the content was more made now? because all had to learn it first? :)

edited January 2020
    MrDarck said:
    Leana said:

Really?.... I have the feeling it got more around in the last 2 years...maybe the content was more made now? because all had to learn it first? :)

Yes, at first only a few vendors were providing Iray materials as it was all new and nobody really knew how to do it ;)

Nowadays it's people who still provide 3DL materials who are an exception (sadly for us 3DL users...).

Post edited by Leana on

I just realised that the "Wear them all extension" for G3 includes a K4 clone too (I misremembered it as only generation 3 figures clones): https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s

Leana said:

I just realised that the "Wear them all extension" for G3 includes a K4 clone too (I misremembered it as only generation 3 figures clones): https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s

Is that like the RSSY Clothes converter? because I have kinda all clothes converters for M4/V4, G1, G2, G3 to make all fitting to G3/8.

(but so far I just used it one time and was not sooo happy with it...I assumed its much better....)

MrDarck said:
    Leana said:

Is that like the RSSY Clothes converter? because I have kinda all clothes converters for M4/V4, G1, G2, G3 to make all fitting to G3/8.

It's not a batch converter like the RSSY ones, it's an add-on for autofit to give you more source figures to chose from when converting to G3.

By defaut G3F only has clones for the G2F and G3M, the "wear them all" products add support for other figures.

edited September 2020

That sounds still to deep for me, I really understand stuff sometimes better with images/videos etc. :D

Post edited by Loony on