[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern Sitting Crowd [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
edited January 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Sometimes you need a crowd to just sit and watch! The new Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern Sitting Crowd provides 31 figures sitting bored, excited, drinking, cheering, clapping, and everything in between. Modern Sitting Crowd is the perfect background crowd for sports events, congregations, juries, and more. These high quality, flexible and easy to use billboards are perfect as a backdrop for the main action that you add.

Billboards are a fantastically quick and resource easy way to add background crowds to your scenes. These pre-rendered elements are great to play the background characters in your scene.

Unlike traditional Billboard products, the Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern Sitting Crowd improves on standard billboards by providing 96 different views for each billboard figure. You can view each figure from 12 different horizontal angles and 8 different vertical angles. When your camera moves, the Now-Crowd Billboards can even be changed to match! Note that sitting billboards are more difficult than other billboards, requiring creativity with their positioning, angle, and even scaling to get looking right.

There are also great scripts to make these billboards easy to use! There is one script to turn the billboards to face the camera and another script to change the billboard figure angle based on a horizontal and vertical orientation. Finally, there is a script that pushes your billboard directly away from your camera view or pulls it towards you.

Tutorial

For Iray and 3Delight

No figures included with this product.

No other products are needed to use the Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern Sitting Crowd

Note that Now-Crowd Billboard products are large (10GB+) because of the many textures (96 images per figure x number of figures) and can take a while to download. However, in your scenes, they are extremely resource-light with just one image per figure.

Features

• Now-Crowd Billboards- Modern Sitting Crowd
  • 31 Billboards
    • Man Sitting 01
    • Man Sitting 02
    • Man Sitting 03
    • Man Sitting 04
    • Man Sitting 05
    • Man Sitting Clapping
    • Man Sitting Looking at Smartphone
    • Man Sitting Shocked
    • Man Sitting and Drinking
    • Man Sitting and Laughing
    • Man Sitting and Pointing
    • Man Sitting and Talking
    • Man Sitting and Yelling
    • Mother and Child Sitting
    • Old Man Sitting
    • Old Woman Sitting
    • Preteen Girl Sitting Excited
    • Teen Boy Sitting Bored
    • Teen Girl Sitting
    • Teen Girl Sitting and Texting
    • Woman Sitting 01
    • Woman Sitting 02
    • Woman Sitting 03
    • Woman Sitting 04
    • Woman Sitting 05
    • Woman Sitting and Cheering 01
    • Woman Sitting and Cheering 02
    • Woman Sitting and Clapping
    • Woman Sitting and Drinking
    • Woman Sitting and Talking 01
    • Woman Sitting and Talking 02
  • Scripts Include: (.DSE)
    • Now-Crowd Orient Billboard Script - Change billboards to face camera
    • Now-Crowd Change Billboard Angle Script - Change billboards to use different figure angle
    • Now-Crowd Move Away Script - Move billboards towards/away from camera
  • Textures Include:
    • 96 Texture and Transparency Maps (2048 x 2048) per single Figure Billboard
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 649K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 436K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 364K
popup_3.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 448K
popup_4.jpg
1494 x 2238 - 494K
popup_5.jpg
2100 x 2275 - 1003K
popup_6.jpg
3842 x 2275 - 2M
popup_7.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 448K
popup_8.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 439K
popup_9.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 427K
popup_10.jpg
1550 x 1141 - 286K
popup_11.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 350K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Awesome - I'd only been thinking in terms of spectators but you show these can also be used to fill up a cafe/diner, etc - bravo!

Looks great and nice range of poses to cover a variety of reactions/emotions :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Hey, we've been waiting for this!

• Awesome - I'd only been thinking in terms of spectators but you show these can also be used to fill up a cafe/diner, etc - bravo!

Looks great and nice range of poses to cover a variety of reactions/emotions :)

I am glad you like it.  I wanted it to be as versatile as possible.

• barbult said:

Hey, we've been waiting for this!

Great!  I hope you will like it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Definitely one of your more useful sets, though I wouldn't mind seeing another with more poses with characters leaning on non-existent tables and desks for school and office scenes.   

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Looks very useful. For the future, maybe sitting characters driving cars for traffic scenes.

What is the best way to adjust them for different height chairs. Scaling the billboards, or is there a better way? ( I haven't watched the whole video yet. Maybe you addressed that there )
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

Looks great.

• Cybersox said:

Definitely one of your more useful sets, though I wouldn't mind seeing another with more poses with characters leaning on non-existent tables and desks for school and office scenes.   

I do have some school now-crowd billboards.  Have you tried those?  Or you want more?

• RGcincy said:

Looks very useful. For the future, maybe sitting characters driving cars for traffic scenes.

Thanks!  I will keep that in mind.

• barbult said:
    What is the best way to adjust them for different height chairs. Scaling the billboards, or is there a better way? ( I haven't watched the whole video yet. Maybe you addressed that there )

Scaling is the best/easiest way.  Otherwise, creative use of blocking the view of feet in the floor, etc smiley

• jash147 said:

Looks great.

Thanks.  I hope you will like it!

• And this is out! Gonna take a while to download but I've already got a use for it :)

• And this is out! Gonna take a while to download but I've already got a use for it :)

Thank you!

You beat me to the announcement! smiley

• HatBHatB Posts: 77

I already bought it but wish some of the packets had people more dressed up for more formal occassions. Thanks for the discount.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    Cybersox said:

I do have some school now-crowd billboards.  Have you tried those?  Or you want more?

I have those, but the Japanese one is extremely limited, use-wise, due to the school uniforms, while the problem with the other is aptly demonstated by your own promo illustration.

Ie, nowhere near enough characters to fill a larger classroom, especially if you want them all to look attentive and not just lounging.  

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

I have those, but the Japanese one is extremely limited, use-wise, due to the school uniforms, while the problem with the other is aptly demonstated by your own promo illustration.

Ie, nowhere near enough characters to fill a larger classroom, especially if you want them all to look attentive and not just lounging.  

It's a Senior Cut Day. Or, it could be the day before Thanksgiving vacation starts, or Christmas vacation, or Easter vacation, etc. : - )

edited January 2020

Oh boy, this does look like the product I've been hoping for. Thank you for developing this. Just finished watching the entire video tutorial. It makes things understandable. Thank you for devising these fine billboards.

Post edited by inquire on
  • HatB said:

I already bought it but wish some of the packets had people more dressed up for more formal occassions. Thanks for the discount.

You're welcome!

I decided to make the crowd fit together, which meant going for a consistent ball game like crowd.  I will have to do a more formal one later.

• Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Understood.  But it is hard to make these BB products; they usually each take 3 weeks.

• inquire said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

It's a Senior Cut Day. Or, it could be the day before Thanksgiving vacation starts, or Christmas vacation, or Easter vacation, etc. : - )

It actually looks like a lot like a normal college school auditorium when I was going smiley

• inquire said:

Oh boy, this does look like the product I've been hoping for. Thank you for developing this. Just finished watching the entire video tutorial. It makes things understandable. Thank you for devising these fine billboards.

You're welcome!  I hope you enjoy them.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited January 2020

Very nice. Below is my try...

IvySwing03pic14.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 547K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited January 2020

The above image processed in Topaz Studio 2.

Halo.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 382K
    CharcoalSketchbook.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 713K
    StarlightGlitter.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 580K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

Very nice. I recognize some from other sets, too. 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited January 2020
    Artini said:

That looks great @Artini.  You definitely have a crowd smiley   My only suggestion is that I would have tried flipping the woman sitting and talking around (xscale -100%) so she looks like she is talking to the sitting guy.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Artini said:

The above image processed in Topaz Studio 2.

They all look good!  My favorite is the desaturated one.

Artini said:

That looks great @Artini.  You definitely have a crowd smiley   My only suggestion is that I would have tried flipping the woman sitting and talking around (xscale -100%) so she looks like she is talking to the sitting guy.

But then she wouldn't look like she was grabbing the chain of the swinging bench. I thought that was a very clever positioning of the billboard and impressed me.

• barbult said:
    Artini said:

But then she wouldn't look like she was grabbing the chain of the swinging bench. I thought that was a very clever positioning of the billboard and impressed me.

Ah!  I didn't see that.

Beautiful pictures. I bought the set, btw, and am downloading the files now. It does take a while. About the pictures: absolutely beautiful. Topaz Studio 2: Is that like Photoshop? I switched to Affinitiy Photo when Adobe refused to sell individual copies of PS and went to online subscriptions. For the work I do, Affinity Photo is fine, and there are even some brushes that I think are better than the PS brushes, at least for CS version 5.1, which is the last PS version I used. I'll look up Topaz Studio 2.