Dialing K4 morphs on Genesis (with GenX transfer)

cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208

Well, I learnt how to make a full-body morph from Generation 4 transferred to Genesis using GenX. After a few minutes, the manual allowed me to start transferring Thorne characters for V4 (A3 ones on their way) to my favourite figure. Everything is all honey and peanuts, but then a question struck me: what about K4 morphs? I want to get my hands on Jade for K4 without scrolling through the runtime every time. The problem is, I cannot seem to find a plugin for K4. There's only the basic child shape, which LOOKS like K4, but I doubt it's actually a transferred figure. I'm worried because of this quote, according to which I need to dial in the base shape (like V4 before dialing in Scotlyn I transferred to Genesis):

"While all morphs work somehow on any shape, you will only get the original shape if you apply the transferred morphs to Genesis after setting the base shape of the according legacy figure (e.g. Victoria 4). These legacy morphs are not included in GenX."

The point is I don't have a product like K4 for Genesis. In fact, I cannot find it in the shop at all. I definitely need it just like V4 to be dialed in before applying the transferred morphs. How can I do that?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

There isn't really an easy way to do it, as no K4 shape exists for genesis. Dimension3D's DSF toolbox has a utility to make the K4 clone into af figure, but it's rigged similarly to K4, not genesis so it will use K4 poses, but the genesis ones will be off. Also you would be limited to the K4 morphs, as mixing in any Genesis morphs will cause mesh weirdness as it's using K4's topology for the morphs rather than genesis.

You could also attempt to load K4's obj into M4 or V4 using morph loader pro, then GenX-ing that, but that may require you to adjust the rigging.