ignore ears autofit option

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I would love to autofit hair and have my pointy ears etc poke out
I was hoping somebody if not Daz could create an ear fix, like breast fix on clothes but for the ears

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Seconded. Not just for pointy-eared elves, many critter shapes have ears that utterly break any hair applied to the figure. There have been so many queries about this, I think ever since the first Genesis came out, I'm amazed DAZ hasn't done something about it by this time.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited February 2014

Don't you get some Hidden Parameters in the Hair when Autofitting so that the effect can be reduced?

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Depends on how either the hair morphs or the poking-out-ear head morphs on the figure are set up. Some of them include the custom ear shape in the whole custom head shape, so they don't have any separate hidden "follow ear settings" parameters that I've been able to find. Turning down the auto-generated head morph returns the whole hair to its default shape, so these hairs can only be used with standard human ears, or heads that use the Evolution pointy-ear morphs.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Arr sweet so some do and some don't....figures. Cheers SpottedKitty

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

partial body morphs yes, full not so easy.
    I tend to stick hair on some pretty strange figures too!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

The real issue to my way of looking at things is that even the Fix if doable leaves the hair hanging under (and out of) the ears anyway. The way the Hair is made is the big thing. Now if we could get Deformers that Split the Hair where the Ears are so it Flows around the ears properly that would be the REAL solution. Something along what the HAT thing does but different.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited February 2014

Funny you should say that, Jaderail — I have a lot of critter characters made from the Melody and Micah figures, and I've found a quick fix to this is putting a D-Former on the hair, aligned with the figure's (usually pretty large) ears, and using a long, wide football-shaped d-former field. Turn down the scale on the d-former mushroom, and the hair inside the ears sinks right into the head. Doesn't work every time, and it's not quite what you suggested, but it frequently looks surprisingly good for such a bodge fix.

I'm hoping to have the time to wrap my head around LaMH soon, with a bit of work it should be a more complete fix to this problem.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm... That's a good work around, but I was thinking the Deformer influence set more to a Spread type than a Push type. But I'm not YET able to set the type of influence to what I'm after. It might not be doable, fully.