how can i make this render better?

AristocAristoc Posts: 254

newb looking for feedback. I think the legs look too cartoonish.

thank you

Post edited by Aristoc on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited February 2014

You might try experimenting with bump or displacement on the floor, steps, dark pillar, and possibly the baseboard under the tile. Their colors make them look like they are supposed to be rough material, however, they have unusually polished smooth surfaces that you might not have intended to have. The floor and baseboard also look a little blurry; that might be helped with the bump/displacement, or you might want to increase the resolution of the materials.

I can't zoom in very close, but the eyes seem a little too white. I'm not sure of the fix, I always struggle with that myself. Once I cheated and simply made the eyes bigger so the pupil could be seen more easily, but that may not work well.

I'm not sure what the light sources are supposed to be, however the shadow of her right arm and chin on her body seems awfully dark, as though there is no ambient light? A really bright light would do that of course, so maybe that's expected, but if you didn't expect that, you could try raising the background light a little (uberenvironment or whatever you are using) if that doesn't interefere with the effect you were trying for.

EDITED TO ADD: There does seem to be a dark black line outlining the legs. I'm not sure why that is.

Those were just a few random ideas, try or ignore them as you feel appropriate.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

thank for the suggestions. back to the drawing board for a while. ... . .

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

To me it looks as if the scales aren't matching. It's like the building is about 15% bigger than it should be. That would account for the texture on the stairs looking a bit fuzzy.

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

the scene is called "Styx" Still playing around with it. thanks so much. removed the image for now.