Do I need UV's for Poser content?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Hi,

I got a Poser vehicle and it had one folder like this:

it had not even a head Fodler, so i called it UVs... but... do I need them? so i can delete the folder?

looks for me like it works :)

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

Those files do not come with that product. Which file did they come from, exactly? They could be materials, or templates, maybe for another product. Do they look like texture bitmaps, or a mesh?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited January 2020

you have irfanview as your default program for that filetype 

if you have one that shows thumbnails you would see what they are

I have sage thumbs installed that shows thumbnails for almost every image type including smaller HDR files (big ones obviously overwhelm it)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2020
    NorthOf45 said:

Those files do not come with that product. Which file did they come from, exactly? They could be materials, or templates, maybe for another product. Do they look like texture bitmaps, or a mesh?

Thats how I got the car zip O_o... with a seperate folder full ov UV`s, hmm I just checked it, the UV's are seperated so i guess dont needed :D whyever I had them in it too...

No wait, I have 2 cars... the uv's are from a other car xD .... this showed car is from daz so it runs fine ;)...

@WendyLuvsCatz yes, because that are .jpg's ;).... normal images.

I just checked the product:

https://bw-1651cf0d2f737d7adeab84d339dbabd3-bcs.s3.amazonaws.com/products/product_109991/Help109991.txt

and it doesnt say there are the UV's O_O... but I still have it ...

and I can find it via search but no idea where it is in my content folder...

in my MyLibrary/Props/ is no TruStyles :(

NVM... it goes to PoserFormats->Props :D

so... ignore the thread it works ^_^..... I am just learning and learning how this software works :/

But for some reasons are there no premade sliders for open door and so... I have to set the parameters/names by myself and that all...

can I overwrite the original somehow with the correct fixed values?

And... if I hide a slider how can I unhide it? :) sometimes objects have the slider "scale" not visible... so would be nice to know how I can unhide a hidden thing...

Post edited by Loony on
  • MrDarck said:
    ... edited

And... if I hide a slider how can I unhide it? :) sometimes objects have the slider "scale" not visible... so would be nice to know how I can unhide a hidden thing...

On the Parameters Tab, check Show Hidden.

Show Hidden.png
    505 x 526 - 33K
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    MrDarck said:
    ... edited

On the Parameters Tab, check Show Hidden.

Yeah I found it already... I was really confused why you could rightclick at your sliders area and select "unhide properties" if... that only work if you have a hidden thing selected... because its not selectable xD... but I guess the "unhide" option is made for the moment, when you can see the hidden things :D