How do I track down a "Failure to load" - G8F

Hey guys...

Quick (I hope) newbie type question.

When I try to load a G8F, Base Figure or Custom, it starts to load..."reading asset", the little bar moves across, then eventually stops.  When I click anywhere on the screen, I get a "Daz Studio Has failed to respond" and I have to close it down.
What are the steps I need to take to track down the culprit?

For the record, I can load  G2, G3, a Scene... pretty much anything but a G8F asset (G8Ms work).

Comments

• How long did you wait? There's some internal processing after the progress bar ends, during which DS is busy and so not responding to OS  events - how long that is depends on how many moprhs etc. you have isntalled and on your system specs.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

I wait... and wait and wait.... I've let it go between 6-10 minutes even.  Again, its just with the G8F... everything else is 1 minute or less to load.

Where is the  log file for Daz?

• Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

You didn't give it long enoughcheeky, some people are reporting 30 minute load times, I shudder to think what ****in' state their Content Directories are in, and/or how many errors are being generated for it to take that long.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

"You didn't give it long enough"
    CORRECT... I let it go til' it came up... 12min

Opening the log... I had a ton of errors from Auto Face Enhancer.  I deleted that, and it cut it down to 2 minutes.

I still have a bunch of other errors, but that cut down on about 2000 or so.