RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female

I have searched the forum for any information on the product but came up with nothing.

I bought the product on sale the other day and have been trying to convert a few V4 Hair products (installed with DIM): Chocolate Hair, Peppermint Hair, Serenade Hair, Tequila Hair and Isabel Hair with no success whatsoever?!?

Yes I have read the manual froward and bakward, the hair figure seem to load on the Genesis 8 Female in the scene then it disapears and the script ends. The attached images may offer a clue to what's going on?

Any help appreciated!

Convert V4F to G8F Hair Fail 1.jpg
298 x 117 - 9K
Convert V4F to G8F Hair Fail.jpg
948 x 746 - 126K

Comments

• RSSY conversion products have all been very disappointing to me. I find autofit with tools from Zev0 and Valzheimer consistently better at actually delivering on what they promise. RSSY tools tend to have serious limitations with morphs, auto-follow and auto-fit, and even being able to detect the right products and the appropriate conversion path. A lot of time using auto-fit and clone shapes - and sometimes going from one generation to an inbetween generation (Say, V4 to G1 to G2 to G3, G8) works way better. Gen X was a way better morph transfer utility than the RSSY morph transfers as well. 

I haven't returned any of RSSY's products - but they're a great example of where the store would benefit from allowing user reviews of products on the product page. If I had paid full price for any of the RSSY conversion tools, I absolutely would have been furious with their quality. 

• With that said, in limited situations - they may be convenient to own - but you're going to experience a lot of situations & products where they simply don't deliver what you're hoping for in the final conversion.  

• And we can always hope they improve with future updates. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,187
    edited December 2019
    bringho said:

I have searched the forum for any information on the product but came up with nothing.

I bought the product on sale the other day and have been trying to convert a few V4 Hair products (installed with DIM): Chocolate Hair, Peppermint Hair, Serenade Hair, Tequila Hair and Isabel Hair with no success whatsoever?!?

Yes I have read the manual froward and bakward, the hair figure seem to load on the Genesis 8 Female in the scene then it disapears and the script ends. The attached images may offer a clue to what's going on?

Any help appreciated!

Your best bet is to post here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/333201/released-rssy-hair-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female-commercial/p1 - RIverSoftArt monitors these commercial threads quite regularly.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • bringhobringho Posts: 239
    MelanieL said:
    bringho said:

Any help appreciated!

Your best bet is to post here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/333201/released-rssy-hair-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female-commercial/p1 - RIverSoftArt monitors these commercial threads quite regularly.

Thanks M8!

That's the thread I was looking for =)