No Type selections under Presentation Attributes while saving a new character

Reality HackReality Hack Posts: 99

Hi. I'm trying to save out a new character. I right-click in the Property Hierarchy panel and select ERC Freeze. I select Genesis 3 Female as the Node. And under Property, I select Create New... But in the Create New Property panel, when I click the drop-down for Type in order to select Modifier/Shape, the only option is None.

I'm pretty sure I did this successfully before, so I'm obviously missing something this time around. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post edited by Reality Hack on

Comments

• Is it also blank if you right-click in the Parameters pane and create a new property from there?

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Hmmm... I was thinking maybe you had to fill in the Name/Label fields first, but I just tried it with blank fields, and I still get a list in the Type dropdown.

But looking at your screenshot again, I see that in the ERC Freeze dialog> Property it says 'Select A Property'. What channel was selected when you right-clicked for ERC Freeze? It should have shown up in that field. Try selecting a Property in the drop down, then use Create New.

If not, try what Richard suggested and look in the Gearwheel> Parameter Settings. Type should already be filled in, or at the least, there will be a dropdown list.

• Is the Content Management System running at all? Do you get the pop-up about needing a PostgreSQL connection when you launch DS?

• Reality HackReality Hack Posts: 99
    edited December 2019

Do you get the pop-up about needing a PostgreSQL connection when you launch DS?

I do! Not sure what happened there. To my knowledge, I didn't change anything. It just started showing up the other day. I looked online a bit for a solution, but didn't really come up with anything, obviously. Everything seemed to still be working properly, so I haven't pursued it any further yet. Is that probably what's causing this? Is there a fix for this?

Post edited by Reality Hack on
  • Do you get the pop-up about needing a PostgreSQL connection when you launch DS?

I do! Not sure what happened there. To my knowledge, I didn't change anything. It just started showing up the other day. I looked online a bit for a solution, but didn't really come up with anything, obviously. Everything seemed to still be working properly, so I haven't pursued it any further yet. Is that probably what's causing this? Is there a fix for this?

Yes, the types are dependent on the CMS so if that isn't working they won't be available. bvious questions first - is PstgreSQL actually installed? If it is does it appear in the list of processes in Task Manager when you start DS? What is your security software?

• Okay, so I've been at this for the last two-and-a-half hours. In answer to your questions, yes, PostgreSQL is actually installed. Just to make sure, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. It does not appear in the Task Manager when I start DS. And I am not using security software, and I tried both disabling Windows Firewall as well as giving DS an exception.

The only clues I've found is that my "AppData > Roaming > Daz 3d > cms > ContentCluster" folder contains nothing, including no config or log file, so I can't even look at those for some hint. And I cannot run DS as an administrator. If I try, I get a pop-up that reads, "DAZ Studio cannot be run with elevated permissions." The only option is to click "OK" which closes it without running DS.

This is what else I've tried:
    Changing the port in DS "Edit > Preferences... > CMS Settings" from 17237 to 1800.
    Deleting the folders in "AppData > Roaming > Daz 3d"
    Adjusted the sharing permission for the "AppData > Roaming > Daz 3d" to include everyone.

From what I understand each one of the things I've tried has worked for different people, so there is no one solution for this, but I also couldn't find anyone who mentioned that their ContentCluster folder was empty. The only things I've heard of that I haven't tried is creating a 'dummy' User without administrator permissions, and running it that way. (I haven't tried that simply because it would be an absolute PITA to have to swith every time I want to run DS.) I also haven't tried installing a previous version of PostgreSQL CMS which is rumored to work because it doesn't require the same permissions. (I haven't tried this because I can't find a previous version.)

• An empty ContentCluster folder does suggest permissions are the issue to me, though your fixes should have addressed that. Did you try deleting just the Content Cluster folder? Or changing the location in Daz studio in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings (and if yu do the latter, does the change survive a restart of DS)?

• I tried deleting just the ContentCluster folder, but nothing changed. I also tried changing the location in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings. DS started, but all it did was create another empty ContentCluster folder in the location I entered.

I went ahead and created a guest user account and tried it out of sheer curiosity. Aside from DS not appearing in my Start Menu, everything worked fine. I also tried copying the files from the guest cms folder to my administrator cms folder, but nothing changed. So at this point, it's definitely looking like running it in an administrator account is what's causing the problem. However, that doesn't explain why it would only be affecting me running it from an administrator account, but not a lot of other people who are doing the same.