collaboration needed

julia_gorostidijulia_gorostidi Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi everyone, I am looking for people who can animate and would like to collaborate with me . Basically I would like to create a series of dancing characters! Please PM me if this sounds like something you would like to try out!

Comments

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

This is in poser / daz / vue?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

DS or Bryce or Carrara. Or some other program?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • julia_gorostidijulia_gorostidi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am not sure my post was well understood. I am looking for people who would be interested in doing a collaboration with me! Something mor personal and fun, no presets! would you?

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

I am not sure my post was well understood. I am looking for people who would be interested in doing a collaboration with me! Something mor personal and fun, no presets! would you?

I still do not understand ...

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Thing is, you need software for that and people want to know which software...

edited December 1969

Ha ok, sorry I didn't understand, I am new on this forum. Well I was thinking with DAZ. I was wanting to know if someone would like to start a collaboration with me. I have two different Ideas. First Idea is to creat a kind of 3d discos, where different people would create a dancing character on his favorite song and I would put them together and make a video of it. Second Idea would be that I create a choreography and people would recreate it, again I would put the characters together. They would than dance together on the same rhythm.

I am very interested in online collaboration and I think it could be a very nice project if people from different places and tastes would create a common piece! What do you think?

Let me know if there is any interests of starting this project

Best wishes, Julia

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

So if I understand correctly, you have the ideas and you want someone else to provide the software, 3D assets and labor?

edited December 1969

well I would also do my character that would dance, that would be a common project, would you be interested?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

You are aware that you (and everyone else who participates) will have to pay royalties for any songs you use in your videos?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

well I would also do my character that would dance, that would be a common project, would you be interested?

By character do you mean you would be modeling and rigging a new figure as well as creating all the clothing and props needed or would this be a character as in texture/morph using a pre-made mesh such as one of the Generation 1 to 4 meshes, the morph sets for Generation 4, Genesis and its Generation 5 morphs or Genesis 2 Female/Male and its Generation 6 morphs?

The point about royalties has been brought up or are you planning on using totally and completely original music to which you hold the rights to?

If software, hardware or assets are required, who is paying for it?

And one of the biggest questions of all: how much are you planning on paying?

edited December 1969

Actually I was thinking on using free pre made model and probably without clothes, I am more interested by the movement itself, and as everyone would use a different music the movements would be differents so I might create the sound myself afterwards. The DAZ 3D is for free, I just downloaded it myself. Anyway I was just thinking it might be a nice and fun project to do, that anyone could use or reuse afterwards for themselves so I wasn't planning on paying. Of course this would mean people would have to be wanting to do it. I understand your question though and sorry if I am not really clear here.:)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

Well, why don't you animate a short sequence, to show what you have in mind? I'm sure that it will help people understand better.

About the lack of clothes, I do not think that will fly well, if you want to adress minors, too. Some parents might object to it.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you just want to get together with other DS users and use default DS content for a social media type dance party type thing. If so, your first post sounded like you wanted commercial artists for a project where figures were created as a commercial project, hence all the questions.

I can't really see DS as a group use function. There are probably animation groups at deviantart and such where you could share any dance videos you come up with.

edited December 1969

Thank you, yes you are right. It is probably not the right place. It's that I am really not used to those forum. Sorry if I bothered you!! I will try on deviant Art or Other groups! Thank you all so much for your advices!