Iray preview closes DAZ

Since i uppgraded my computer to 16GB -rendering large scenes etc is smooth. but when i turn on
Iray preview sometimes the disc space shoots up to100% and then DAZ just closes down.

What could be the problem?

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Do you mean the RAM goes to 100% or the disc shows full?

If it is the RAM then go to the Computer icon on your Desktop, right click for properties go to advanced system settings and increase the virtual memory or set it to system managed. If it is the disc then you need a bigger one :)

• Disc space not CPU?

• Fishtales said:

If it is the RAM then go to the Computer icon on your Desktop, right click for properties go to advanced system settings and increase the virtual memory or set it to system managed. If it is the disc then you need a bigger one :)

In Task manager its the Disc that goes to 100% - When the CPU goes to a 100% thats not a problem!

• Fishtales said:

In Task manager its the Disc that goes to 100% - When the CPU goes to a 100% thats not a problem!

Ah, the activity rather than capacity, That sounds as if there is still swapping going on, does this happen even with  really simple scene (just a sphere sitting in empty space, say)?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you max out the ram and it goes to virtual memory, which is the disc, and that goes to 100% then you need to check that the virtual memory isn't set too low and that there is enough space on the disc. Also don't have all the Virtual Memory on your C: drive/windows drive use another drive too or even another partition if you can.

• The thing is that insted of Iray preview its now faster and better to just do test renders too check light etc. 
    so its strange that the Iray preview is so heavy on the machine but not actual rendering!