Missing .dsf files

nomzodnomzod Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I just installed Daz 4.6, it's my first time ever installing the program. Genesis 2 has been downloaded but I can't bring any files into the scene.

I get the error message attached, saying that the .dsf files are missing. I know the files are downloaded and present.

I've been all over the forums and can't find anything that will fix this.

Daz-screenshot.jpg
1602 x 904 - 560K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

How did you install your content (Genesis etc.)?

If you used DIM, then it was all installed into C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library by default.

You MUST list this path as both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager.

The message looks like DS cannot find the 'data' folder, and the above is usually the problem.

• nomzodnomzod Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That fixed it. Somehow the DAZ library was C:\\user\public\documents\DAZ library instead of "My DAZ Library"

I'd say that's a pretty glaring design flaw, but whatever it's fixed.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DIM does not communicate with DAZ Studio, so that path must have been entered before for some reason. Perhaps it was an old install location, but only since the release of DIM has the Public folder been used by default, and never anywhere but My DAZ 3D Library, so no design fault.