Saving colors

konkon Posts: 389
edited December 1969 in New Users

Can you save colors for props like a wearable preset.......I know I ask the dumbest questions.

Screenshot_(2).png
1920 x 1080 - 296K

Comments

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Try: save as: Material(s) Preset and see what happens..
    Never done it myself though.

• konkon Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Yea tried that once didn't work they need a prop save.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You must SELECT all the Models SURFACE areas at one time in the Surfaces Tab to save a Material Preset. If not your only saving a SHADER that will need applied to only the one saved surface each time, and then to other surfaces that use that one shader on them.

• konkon Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Ok I will try that. thank you

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2014

Jaderail said:
    You must SELECT all the Models SURFACE areas at one time in the Surfaces Tab to save a Material Preset. If not your only saving a SHADER that will need applied to only the one saved surface each time, and then to other surfaces that use that one shader on them.

Actually, that's not true. A Materials Preset will save all surfaces on a figure/prop without selecting anything. You only need to select individual surfaces for a Materials Preset if you're using the 'Record Custom' option in the Save dialog box. This allows you to choose the materials you want to save. If it's set to 'Record All', you don't need to select any surfaces - just the figure/prop.

Also, when using 'Record Custom', you can expand the surface and check/uncheck individual channels within each surface. So, for example, if you want to save a surface's Displacement, but not its Diffuse Color and texture map, etc, only check Displacement.

For a Shader Preset, you do need to select a surface, and you can only save one surface, which is the whole point.

A Materials Preset is for saving multiple surfaces. A Shader Preset is for saving single surfaces.

mac

Post edited by maclean on