Help? :( - Could Not Open File/File Does Not Exist

jenna--b--93jenna--b--93 Posts: 0
edited February 2014 in New Users

eyo! I'm really new to Daz3d so apologies if I seem slow, and ty for anyone who can help!

I downloaded Daz3d so I could use it as reference for certain poses when drawing,
and make any pose i'd like at any angle to help with drawing
on the first day I downloaded it, everything was working great and I was able to figure out how to pose the character fairly quickly.

Although, the next day I opened Daz3d, the smart content on the left had no images:

When I tried to click one of them, this message appeared:
http://i.imgur.com/VUBMfwV.png

This message appeared for all of the icons I clicked, which meant I couldn't open anything. :(

I've tried un-installing and installing again, changing the "Content files install to" but still the same.

I'm using Windows Vista and this is what my current DIM looks like:

any help would be appreciated, and apologies for the er. nooby-ness AHA, i literally have no idea what I'm doing. B'(

thanks again!

Post edited by jenna--b--93 on

Comments

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited February 2014

Try going into Content Library, rather than Smart Content. Once you are there, go to the options menu, accessed by the small button with the horizontal lines (see picture below). If you click on that, a menu will pop up. Select "Content Directory Manager." Look and see what directories DAZ thinks it should look in. The first picture below is what mine looks like. You can see that the default DAZ folder is on the F: drive and then the "My Library" stuff is on D:. (in my case).

My guess is that somehow these are not correct. You can use the add buttons to manually add the proper directories from in this window.

EDIT: Sorry, I uploaded them in the wrong order... and now it won't seem to let me re-order them.

FindPane2.jpg
    600 x 549 - 162K
    FindPaneB.jpg
    765 x 492 - 176K
    Post edited by Steven-V on
  • jenna--b--93jenna--b--93 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

aah thank you so much!!

I clicked content library, went into the "my DAZ3D library" and everything was there + working fine

ayee, thank ye so much for the help! i'll leave this up for anyone else who might have the same problem :-)