Create a script option to 0 out neck-head adjustments.

Hello All,

I would like to know if there could be a script or option created in which I just have to click on a button and I can 0 out the head and neck adjustments.  Sometimes, poses adjust the neck and head into a position I don't want and just moving the neck / head can yeild some weird results and distortions in the neck area.  I try to avoid this by starting a head pose from "0".  So it would be very helpful to me if I had a button that would 0 out the upper/lower neck, and head positions.

Thank you,

Geo

Comments

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

It would certainly be possible. Using the UI, you could accomplish this as follows:

1. select the lower neck
    2. right click on the lower neck in the Scene pane and choose "select all children"
    3. from the edit menu, choose "object > zero > item pose"

I may have the names slightly off - I'm AFK at present.  But it do this all the time with hands...

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693
    rames44 said:

It would certainly be possible. Using the UI, you could accomplish this as follows:

1. select the lower neck
    2. right click on the lower neck in the Scene pane and choose "select all children"
    3. from the edit menu, choose "object > zero > item pose"

I may have the names slightly off - I'm AFK at present.  But it do this all the time with hands...

What is the UI?   Can what  you describe be set up on a button?  Yes, I certainly could use one for the hands to, in order to put them in a relaxed position rather than having them in that splayed out postion at default.

Thank you for the info.

Geo

• The UI is the User Interface - the reply just describes the steps to go through to get the result in the DS window. What you want certainly could be scripted, but I think a simpler fix would be to make sure you have the proerpties zeroed then go to File>Save As>Pose Preset, enter a name, and then in the options menu click the check mark next to teh figure to deselect all, then expand down to the boes you want to zero and just select those. Check that the new preset does what you want, if it does right-click on it >Create Custom Action and you can place it in the Scripts menu (and create the Scripts menu if it doesn't exist) for quick access, without having to find the file in the content pane.

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

The UI is the User Interface - the reply just describes the steps to go through to get the result in the DS window. What you want certainly could be scripted, but I think a simpler fix would be to make sure you have the proerpties zeroed then go to File>Save As>Pose Preset, enter a name, and then in the options menu click the check mark next to teh figure to deselect all, then expand down to the boes you want to zero and just select those. Check that the new preset does what you want, if it does right-click on it >Create Custom Action and you can place it in the Scripts menu (and create the Scripts menu if it doesn't exist) for quick access, without having to find the file in the content pane.

That should do the trick as it is like having a button. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. 

Thanks!

Geo