DIM download failures on product updates

I'm getting download failures on two items that have come up as updates in DIM, Back to Class for Genesis 8 Male and Fawne clothes and accessories for Genesis 8 Female. I can download and install stuff that I just bought so DIM is working and I have got a working connection to the Daz store. I've tried these two several times, yesterday and today. Each time the download progress bar reaches the end but then it says Download Failed. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Hi Peter,

Yeah saw that issue yesterday, just tried them again, gets to 99% and then says download failed. Downloaded manually from the product library and copied them into my DIM package directory, uninstalled and reinstalled but DIM thinks they still need downloading. Guess we'll have to open a ticket with support...

Regards
    Steve.

• I havve that issue for: Dani for Teen Raven 8 and dForce Back to Class for Genesis 8 Male(s)

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

Dani for Teen Raven 8 did download and install for me yesterday. Maybe the error started after I did that re-install.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

I got the "Back to Class" update yesterday.  Getting the same download failure error again today for the same product.

• For me it's Leon. Got up to 99%, and "Download Failed!". Two tries yesterday and two tries today.

• Reported this to Daz

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I have 3 on my main computer: I'll have to check what they are there. Downloads appear to be happening but fail when complete. Happened 3 times.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited December 2019

Dani for Teen Raven is still not updateable and after uninstall not installable again...

Logfile: "WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00063725-01_DaniforTeenRaven8.zip.{06b3f62e-3b94-ba4a-307e-56e9b117bc8f}.part":

Could not complete download, file size does not match; 132966992 != 133053837.. Temporary file removed."

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 2019

Fawne Clothing and Accessories for Genesis 8 Female(s) still not working either. Download failure notification.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Just now another update downloaded at once... but no Dani... frown

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

ah... just saw this thread now.

Did a ticket, too.

Diomede said:

I got the "Back to Class" update yesterday.  Getting the same download failure error again today for the same product.

I'm still gettig this update download failure. 

Is this solved for anyone?

• Itbhas been reported, but it's Monday 7:30AM in Daz land (and I believe Friday was a holiday).

• Frozen lands now is added to the list with errors in DIM sad

• Back to Class & Fawne Clothing updates, still not resolved, was logged at 16:09 on Friday, that's Friday morning in Daz Land.
    Regards.
    Steve.

• Reported this to Daz

And still not resolved. But, anyway, Thanks Richard

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

dForce Sweater Season is another with the size msimatch error in DIM

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Yes, still got three product updates that failed every time. Is this a problem at Daz, rather than with me?

• Sweater Season was on the list I sent in.

edited December 2019

Thanks for sending in the list, @Richard Haseltine.  The dforce back to class is still giving an update download error for me.  

Get Bob Cratchet back to his desk in Utah!

Just kidding about wanting it resolved on Christmas.  Just an FYI that it is an ongoing problem.

dim failed again.jpg
    758 x 829 - 54K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • I'm still unable to update Leon. 

I'm running macOS 10.15.2 (Catalina), and DAZ3DIM's log says:

WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "/[Path to Package Archive]/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/IM00059555-01_Leon.zip.{314e71bb-be2d-06b6-7e20-90a82bca4db8}.part":

Could not complete download, file size does not match; 505303293 != 505303359.. Temporary file removed.

I've made maybe a dozen failed attempts, meanwhile successfully downloading other content.

• Leon did download successfully for me, unlike the others reported in this thread (that I was able to check), so that may be a local/account issue.

Any news about the dim Update error with Dani 8?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Sweater Season was on the list I sent in.

I look forward to the fix (it still fails)

• dForce Back To Class for Genesis 8 Male

Still 'Download Failed' at 99%. Opened a ticket on 13th Dec.Only response I had, apart from the usual 'we are really busy'  was to uninstall/delete and download again which I had already tried several times. Doesn't work via Daz Connect either.

Perhaps Daz Inc should hire more support people...

• Have you, as a work around, tried manually downloading from your product library and - if that works - placing the zip in DIM's Downloads folder?

• Have you, as a work around, tried manually downloading from your product library and - if that works - placing the zip in DIM's Downloads folder?

Yeah tried that, didn't recognise it as the updated version and I couldn't see how to tell if it was or not. I guess it's something to do with the dsx file which I suppose DIM creates as it downloads things.
    S.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323

Have you, as a work around, tried manually downloading from your product library and - if that works - placing the zip in DIM's Downloads folder?

Yes. I was able to manually download and then use DIM to install both Dani 8 and dForce Back to Class.; BUT when I do they again appear in the product up dates.

Have you, as a work around, tried manually downloading from your product library and - if that works - placing the zip in DIM's Downloads folder?

Yes. I was able to manually download and then use DIM to install both Dani 8 and dForce Back to Class.; BUT when I do they again appear in the product up dates.

Same with me and Dani 8...

Yeah tried that, didn't recognise it as the updated version and I couldn't see how to tell if it was or not. I guess it's something to do with the dsx file which I suppose DIM creates as it downloads things.
    S.

I should have said that you would probably need to work offline to do this.