The I’ve Seen Fire and I’ve Seen Snow and Now I Want Cocoa Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

battery to power, turbine to speed, vrooooom :)

"Atomic Batteries to Power, Turbines to Speed, Let's go!"

....screech !!!!!!! [sound f turbine engine spooling up & down].

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Nearly 1700 and finally on way home. A storm blew up before and dumped rain and wind on everything so that was the end of the slowest day evah. Well this year so far anyhow. In other news the cab driver haircut continues to fascinate gah must be tired and a little stir crazy :lol: Freeway has turned into a parking lot since this morning. Oh well :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Complaint: Diane just got into an accident...all by herself. She took an exit that dropped her no where near to where she was going, just because the traffic was moving slowly. She says she was going slow, but she lost control, it slid and hit some boulders on the side of the road, pushed in her front bumper or fender and it spun and hit again and a rear fender is pushing into a tire, so she can't drive. She's at least a half hour away from home, by highway. It will have to be towed, she can't drive it. Deliberating where to have it towed. We don't know who does body work that is not a rip-off, and I told her to just have it towed here and we can have it towed again when we decide where it's going.

I always worry about her when it's snowing. And it's snowing hard. She always makes these bad decisions. I don't understand why she hasn't learned from her mistakes. :down: :down: :down: :down:

Dana

Oh noes sounds awful, hopes everything is fixed up for you both by now *worries*

edited December 1969

Think it will be a while before I get home. That is my complaint :lol:

edited February 2014

...well had an exasperating day (not as bad as Dana's significant other but still not very good)

Went to the job fair I mentioned about.

Turned out getting there was most definitely not "half the fun" as the local transit system failed on a couple occasions. Had they not replaced what was a very important bus line with light rail getting to the location would have been a no brainer. Instead it turned out to be an ordeal that required extra connections (one with bus not even run by the transit system but the neighbouring city across the Columbia river) compounded by incredibly foul weather. Ended up doing a lot of walking (while wearing shoes not really meant for that) in a driving wind and bucketing rain that soaked through my leather jacket a well as the dress shirt and t-shirt underneath. When I finally arrived, looked like the proverbial :drowned rat" and my feet were killing me.

After spending the money for bus fare, money to print off resumes at a Kinko's on the way, and all the time and trouble getting there, half the employers scheduled to be there were "no shows". Even the event organisers of the event were perplexed as these companies had paid for their booths (and there was no refund). Guess they can just write it off on their taxes.

Of the ones that did show a number were not even local, and were investment firms hiring for positions like "financial advisers" which require degrees and certifications. Was able to drop a few resumes but it was nothing like I hoped or expected. Turned out to be pretty much a "washout".

By the time I got home, was thoroughly chilled to the bone and still feeling it hours later (as my heels being rubbed raw).

At this point, just little perturbed at those who think us unemployed are "lazy" and just sitting back and waiting for the "ideal" jobs to come to us. I felt totally let down by the companies that didn't show today. If anyone was "lazy" here, it was them. I busted my bum, got totally soaked to the bone waiting for buses and trams and walking to get there only to basically be "stood up" by the companies who chose not to show for whatever reason (err...excuse).

This really sets a bad precedent and sends a negative message to those of us who are doing whatever we can to get back on our feet as it seems they really don't care at all.

My complaint for the day.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just wish to mention that as far as I know not that many people consider people who are unemployed lazy lay about's expecting a great job to just jump up and land in their laps. I may be 100% disabled and out of the market but my family is not. My niece who was my Co-Manager for many years until the company decided that the OLD location was no longer profitable and closed it ending jobs for many in this area, has been on the job market for much longer than many. I personally know her job skills and the trouble she has had finding any job above a part time position that can not cover her expenses. I'm just saying sweeping statements as just made can be offensive. Please do not lump everyone into a perceived group from what seems true from a personal point of view. When the average unemployment level is as large as it is due to issues out of the public's control in more than just one place general sweeping statements can be hurtful to others who do not think that way. I would love for the national economy to recover and every person that wish's to work gainfully have that opportunity once again. In my location there are more people still seeking employment if they lost there jobs in the down turn than people who have found jobs that can support them. And I do live in one of the better states but it is location within a state as well. Here the market is still very depressed.

edited February 2014

...oh I agree. 70% of the people and most state/city assemblies support the EUC extension and those who are having difficulty finding work.

However, that is what the overly vocal trolls on the news blogs as well as some of our "duly elected" representatives who are blocking the measure cite as the "reason" they oppose extension of the EUC programme.

edited December 1969

Well the trolls are just trolling and IMHO have nothing useful to say so... and the others, well they have secure positions and could not handle a day in the life of anyone that must live out here with us and our loved ones as we all do.

edited December 1969

...for the trolls, I just click "ignore". Unfortunately for those representatives who feel the same way. they unfortunately have the power (thanks to the filibuster which requires 60 votes to break) to keep the measure from ever seeing daylight.

edited December 1969

Well I'll not join a political debate as its TOS and I must not. But I believe my view can be inferred from what I do think is TOS allowed.

edited December 1969

...point taken...moving on.

edited February 2014

...agh! there's a Slender Steph6 now.

She may be the first Gen6 character I purchase (when I get the resources to do so). Be interesting to see how she and Zev0's Growing up morphs work together.

Steph4 was the mainstay for the Gen4 versions of my teen characters.

edited December 1969

Took me an hour and a bit to get home. Today is the first grumpy day;s work I had so far this year, that was a whole six and a bit weeks of busy but satisfied. Think I'll needz to polish the mojo a little the next few days, got a busy year coming up and don' wanna spend it grumpy :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    so far, it seems i'm by myself going to cheese cake factory on my 50th birthday thursday.
    eh, what's 50 'cept a number ending in 0, half a century, bah humbug. my friend in texas texted me a happy birthday.

Only two more sleeps now? Thursday is tomorrow for us, if you drop in over here first you could double birthday bliss :lol:

beach party ? :lol:

I'm sure we can arrange that :lol: :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    you logged in?
    free with a purchase for nonPC

*waves* hopes you are doing OK Wendy :)

cold, 15C
    Google paid me my munnnnnny

Oh fabulous gratz Wendy :) Is going to be cooling off here tomorrow, we got tropical storms blowing in and out tonight, thunder, lightning, not so much rain but impressive atmospherics :lol: Perhaps it will rain more tomorrow :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Hopes that all works out, or something close. Lots of factories and so on closing down here.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Was going to complain, but after catching up I forgot what I was going to complain about.
    Overall, my situation is just fine. Still pulling for you, KK. You're way overdue for good things to happen.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I want to go to a movie today but I do not have enough cash for popcorn. I fantasized that I could say I would make textures for a pc outfit in exchange for a fandango gc, which I would only need one sell but the cheapest fandango gc is fifteen dollars. Now I can picture Chohole telling me that I have to make freebies first before asking for a commission. Of course it is just a fantasy. I cannot make the one something showing which means I would have to watch the four something showing. I am at the library and can't make anything that is worth fifteen dollars which is the amount for the fandango gc.

i'll part with a bit of quid for some luxus ready skin presets for M6 or O6.

i haven't been to a movie since The Last Airbender, popcorn and soda was like 10 bucks back then. i like the movie size Jr Mints. :)

...last time I was to the Cinema was to see the new Star Trek film at a "second run" house, Beer and popcorn together was 6$. and only paid 3$ (senior admission) to get in.

That's the last one we saw, too. We saw it in the local Silver City Galleria, in 3D. We got the deal on the drink and popcorn through our AARP membership. We don't go to the theater often, since I lost my job. Normally I'd have seen that two or three times, and would have the DVD by now. But I also stopped buying DVD movies a couple of years ago. I won't buy any, because when I do start up again, I intend to go Blue Ray. Of course, intentions are very tentative.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2014

birthday weather forecast is looking pretty nice for a change :)

caved and spent some bday gc on Steph6. no bundles. just the base and the dress i liked.

my r/l dress situation is non-existant. :lol:

even my renfaire dress hangs like a potato sack. it was too hot to wear that thing at renfaire anyhoo.
    nuthing like a good joust and human chess board.

installed the free lamh thing. buy i haz no hairy things to try it out on.
    i forgot who it was had a funny sig line, it went something like 'don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.'

140220.JPG
    744 x 525 - 43K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

our lottery ticket for t'nite. playing your name in the lower panel,. :)

tlotto.jpg
    841 x 480 - 87K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Think it will be a while before I get home. That is my complaint :lol:

home sweet home

:)
    and pear trees

edited December 1969

don't think i ever read a gor book. i remember Janet Morris and the high couch novel, was in jr high at the time.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Complaint: Diane just got into an accident...all by herself. She took an exit that dropped her no where near to where she was going, just because the traffic was moving slowly. She says she was going slow, but she lost control, it slid and hit some boulders on the side of the road, pushed in her front bumper or fender and it spun and hit again and a rear fender is pushing into a tire, so she can't drive. She's at least a half hour away from home, by highway. It will have to be towed, she can't drive it. Deliberating where to have it towed. We don't know who does body work that is not a rip-off, and I told her to just have it towed here and we can have it towed again when we decide where it's going.

I always worry about her when it's snowing. And it's snowing hard. She always makes these bad decisions. I don't understand why she hasn't learned from her mistakes. :down: :down: :down: :down:

Dana

Oh noes sounds awful, hopes everything is fixed up for you both by now *worries*

Insurance has been called. She was towed home last night. Today it gets another tow to the shop to be fixed. There's a lot of damage, to my mind. Front bumper has a 4 or 5 inch hole ripped out, I can see and touch the steel bumper inside. Turn signal lens is missing. Dust cover or splash guard or whatever that is called underneath is torn and hanging. That makes me wonder if there is more damage underneath. Rear quarter is heavily dented, and part of it's bracing maybe is pressing against the tire on the treads. I thought it was against the sidewall from the way she was telling it. Someone tried to pull it away so it wouldn't rub the tire, but it would have to be pulled out quite a bit to get that off the treads. The rear bumper has damage, too. I told her to request a flatbead so there isn't any damage to the tire. It's going about 22 to 24 miles. OK, their off!

Dana

edited December 1969

i'm becoming very spoiled by the autofit thing :lol:

parting is sweet sorrow when mom and dad don't get along anymore.
    kiddies will kick and scream for a while.
    accept the things you can't change, wisdom to know the difference ...

Genesis, Genisis2 in DS and Poser wm figures in Poser. so mote it Be

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Insurance has been called. She was towed home last night. Today it gets another tow to the shop to be fixed. There's a lot of damage, to my mind. Front bumper has a 4 or 5 inch hole ripped out, I can see and touch the steel bumper inside. Turn signal lens is missing. Dust cover or splash guard or whatever that is called underneath is torn and hanging. That makes me wonder if there is more damage underneath. Rear quarter is heavily dented, and part of it's bracing maybe is pressing against the tire on the treads. I thought it was against the sidewall from the way she was telling it. Someone tried to pull it away so it wouldn't rub the tire, but it would have to be pulled out quite a bit to get that off the treads. The rear bumper has damage, too. I told her to request a flatbead so there isn't any damage to the tire. It's going about 22 to 24 miles. OK, their off!

Dana

she walked away from that mess unscathed. very kewl.

edited December 1969

y'know ... i think i do have a pizza :) Bar Italia Cafe should have one.

and i could use the drool from the creature that used to be in the archive freebs as gooey mozz cheese :)

edited December 1969

y'know ... i think i do have a pizza :) Bar Italia Cafe should have one.

and i could use the drool from the creature that used to be in the archive freebs as gooey mozz cheese :)

Sounds perfectly icky!

Dana

edited December 1969

pfewww, reading through 133 pages of luxus discussion. accelerator settings sounds exciting.

edited February 2014

...funny, I have Reality 2.5 and outside of one simple test I did a while back haven't used it on a full scene at all yet. Something about day+ long "cooking" that makes me hesitant.

Major ache and pain day again today. Feet still hurt from yesterday and left elbow and arm feels like I banged it against something even though I didn't. Stiff all over and also have a nagging cough. Don't need to get sick right now to make things any worse than they already are.

Clear sunny day for a change, but still persistent strong winds which haven't ceased since Sunday. Don't think I'm going to go out today.

Tjohn thanks for the encouragement. A lot of people in my position need that good thing to happen and happen soon. Right now even "Daz soon" sounds more likely than what I've feel may be the case.

Taking a line from my little Leela, "what do people get from making other people hurt?"

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Some stupid fun. Going in the Stupid Thread too, but some folks in here don't post in there much. :)

Using_your_cat_to_predict_the_weather.jpg
    640 x 675 - 212K
This discussion has been closed.