The I’ve Seen Fire and I’ve Seen Snow and Now I Want Cocoa Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2014

DanaTA said:
    searching for wings and blender gets what I want but it also gets me a bunch of links that I do not want.

That's the nature of search on the web. Put Wings 3d rather than just wings. That should help.

Dana

i think they were dot org

edit: :) http://www.blender.org

luxrender is a dot net

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited December 1969
    edited March 2014

deep deep sigh

sacrificed a couple sets i was gonna get, the vintage thing ps1 rendered beautifully the other day, and the inquisition set,
    to get blondie's rigging tutts.

call me ah ahhh heart of glass lala tee hee

gonna have to use laundry quarters for bus fare. no clean matching socks this week >.<</p>

studying tutts on empty tummy maybe retains better, lol.

laaa hears angels singing :lol:

after i learn how to rig and geograft ds, can really get to work on dragon 3. i'm thinking to geograft the wings so it's easy to use different wing styles.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I thought maybe she was looking for info, tutorials, etc.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana
    Then browsing with keyword "wings3d" should get that (it does for me). Thanks, Dana, I didn't pick up on that.

edited December 1969

is the coffee pot still hot? :)

why earworm? like the 10th time this week for earworms.

weep.jpg
    400 x 448 - 35K
    meter.jpg
    500 x 650 - 45K
    knob.jpg
    400 x 400 - 21K
    dsav.jpg
    599 x 513 - 55K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Then browsing with keyword "wings3d" should get that (it does for me). Thanks, Dana, I didn't pick up on that.

dr geep has some wings tutts

edited March 2014

meh my cuzzie was supposed to drive me to the buppy shelters this weekend. iz 5:00pm too late to go. sigh

:) there's a ladybug http://www.daz3d.com/the-creeper-collection-bundle

silk essence is in the sale.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmmm I don't recall any conventions here in Portland that weekend. There is the World Horror Con on May 8 - 11th, and Magic the Gathering Grand Prix gaming convention the same weekend but that is about all for the month of May.

The artist convention is called Furlandia http://www.furlandia.org Furlandia is not well know like other art conventions like Anthrocon in Pittsburgh. I want to see all the different art styles on display and art in the auctions.
    ...I didn't come across that one as I was just looking strictly for arts/sci-fi cons.

Aside from that, there is Norwescon (Seattle) in about two weeks.

Westercon (the west coast regional) is being held in Salt Lake City thise year. I wonder if anyone from Daz will be there. Memberships are only 50$ for the full weekend, fairly tempting. Sent them a note about displaying digitally produced art in the art show. Unfortunately Amtrak cancelled the Pioneer which used to travel between Portland and Salt Lake. Not wanting to fly due to baggage fees and carry on restrictions (last thing I want to do is place my artwork folio below in the cargo hold so some bonehead baggage hustler can drop a 100# suitcase on it of drop it on the tarmac). Discovered I can go by train via Sacramento but it gets into SLC at 03:00 in the morning. Not sure how close the train station is to the hotel.

edited December 1969

remember that Farscapes episode, - it was a guy, but it wasn't a guy, it was the female of his species. Dargo was nice to her, letting her down easy. her ship was steampunk-ish. there was a crank to start up the engine.

thinking of making up a new namme deh plumm for man Lisa. is Aiko a common enough name to use?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hmmm I don't recall any conventions here in Portland that weekend. There is the World Horror Con on May 8 - 11th, and Magic the Gathering Grand Prix gaming convention the same weekend but that is about all for the month of May.

The artist convention is called Furlandia http://www.furlandia.org Furlandia is not well know like other art conventions like Anthrocon in Pittsburgh. I want to see all the different art styles on display and art in the auctions.

...I didn't come across that one as I was just looking strictly for arts/sci-fi cons.

Westercon (the west coast regional) is being held in Salt Lake City thise year. I wonder if anyone from Daz will be there. Memberships are only 50$ for the full weekend, fairly tempting. Sent them a note about displaying digitally produced art in the art show. Unfortunately Amtrak cancelled the Pioneer which used to travel between Portland and Salt Lake. Not wanting to fly due to baggage fees and carry on restrictions (last thing I want to do is place my artwork folio below in the cargo hold so some bonehead baggage hustler can drop a 100# suitcase on it of drop it on the tarmac). Discovered I can go by train via Sacramento but it gets into SLC at 03:00 in the morning. Not sure how close the train station is to the hotel.

how's Leela doing? is she on new adventures?

edited March 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...the kid's still "growing". Finally have freckles for her. Wish I could get a few things I need while the sale is still on but short of a major windfall doesn't look likely. Generation X2 is out along with the GenX Genesis 2 add on. Even with the price break I get for having the original GenerationX plugin still can't afford it.

As to the story still working on some details in the plotline and getting scenes to flow more properly when I can. This whole unemployment thing has taken a lot of attention away and a lot out of me. Wish I could just hit those six numbers and retire so I can devote 24/7 to my writing and illustration work

Bugger just had a power flicker and the workstation & modem rebooted. Fortunately I wasn't working on any scene projects at the time.

Have t go meet with someone, will be back in a bit.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...the kid's still "growing". Finally have freckles for her. Wish I could get a few things I need while the sale is still on but short of a major windfall doesn't look likely. Generation X2 is out along with the GenX Genesis 2 add on. Even with the price break I get for having the original GenerationX plugin still can't afford it.

As to the story still working on some details in the plotline and getting scenes to flow more properly when I can. This whole unemployment thing has taken a lot of attention away and a lot out of me. Wish I could just hit those six numbers and retire so I can devote 24/7 to my writing and illustration work

Bugger just had a power flicker and the workstation & modem rebooted. Fortunately I wasn't working on any scene projects at the time.

You're running a workstation without a UPS?

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Windy so far under a glowy grey sky today, there is a chill in the air from a stiff south wind with the promise of winter :)

edited December 1969

Whoa our guy got disqualified from the car race for using too much petrol whisky tango foxtrot thought using a lot of fuel was the whole idea :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Not yet, but need to install it first.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Whoa our guy got disqualified from the car race for using too much petrol whisky tango foxtrot thought using a lot of fuel was the whole idea :lol:

vroom vroom vrooooomm :)

can he appeal?

edited December 1969

mann the shoe on the other shoe pinches, don't it?

the Elven necklace promo looks like it's on josie, so i was expecting ds format folders. freaked out when i couldn't find a data folder.
    turns out it's 1 poser core installer. pinch
    so i can't put the necklace with all my other g2f stuff. sigh.

i did buy a few poser scifi sets this mm for my sff runtime, nothing for v4/m4. my mm money was set aside to build my ds library - had next to nothing a month ago.

did my final poser main runtime and poser download backup. took longer than a luxrender. can't add anything more to it. famous last words. :lol: maybe pp15 will have volumetrics

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    HELP shes on-line!! Help me pad my lead!! Awe NM you folks don't know yet.

Gee, I'd like to help, but I'm not a licensed mental healthcare professional. :)It was not a 100% total mental break down. It was more about this...
    Capture-001.png
    371 x 197 - 7K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

can he appeal?

Don't know anything about it but the media here are taking it hard. Sounds like someone borrowed their dad's car and used up all the petrol or something :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

can he appeal?

Don't know anything about it but the media here are taking it hard. Sounds like someone borrowed their dad's car and used up all the petrol or something :lol:

are your render drops mostly from the Lightwave?

the koi man gave a nice poser waxy leaf procedural :) iz in the waxy leaf thread at the 'r'. makes beautiful chocolate, too.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Gee, I'd like to help, but I'm not a licensed mental healthcare professional. :)
    It was not a 100% total mental break down. It was more about this...
    "...and in the lead is Jaderail, followed closely by chohole, with Richard Haseltine a few lengths back but still leading the rest of the pack - and bringing up the rear is...
    Beetlebaum..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavRrRNvz8g
    edited December 1969

ssippss barefoot chardonnay. :) watching posts race

:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

can he appeal?

are your render drops mostly from the Lightwave?

the koi man gave a nice poser waxy leaf procedural :) iz in the waxy leaf thread at the 'r'. makes beautiful chocolate, too.

Mostly Poser renders, Poser and LW are tightly integrated since LW10 but usually say if it is a LW render. I don't use IDL much and mostly lights are set to linear falloff, whatever the renderer :)

edited December 1969

AFK for a long lunch :)

edited March 2014

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana
    ...couldn't afford one after I lost my job. and then having my monitor blow out.

The only decent ones with good power filtering were over 200$

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Gee, I'd like to help, but I'm not a licensed mental healthcare professional. :)
    It was not a 100% total mental break down. It was more about this...
    "...and in the lead is Jaderail, followed closely by chohole, with Richard Haseltine a few lengths back but still leading the rest of the pack - and bringing up the rear is...
    Beetlebaum..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavRrRNvz8g
    ...love he old Spike Jones stuff.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana
    ...couldn't afford one after I lost my job. and then having my monitor blow out.

The only decent ones with good power filtering were over 200$

All of APC's products are good, and any of them would be better than nothing at all.

Dana

edited December 1969

meh waits for slow flash drive.

soon as my lotto numbers come in, netbook with usb 3.0 or whatever is fastest these days.

then a cuda desktop, mucho cores.

i have a new work ethic for the dayjob, from now on no trolling the web between spreadsheets. only writing and editing. i can't read on the bus cuz i get motion sick. 2 hours of dead time. i'll save the bus time for daydreaming ebil plots for Lisa.

untitled1.jpg
    365 x 169 - 21K
    edited December 1969

brr brrr. practically april. Spring.

can't stay awake. zzzz

nite-nite sweet dreams :kiss:

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
This discussion has been closed.