Selection not highlighted

starboardstarboard Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I am new to Hexagon. I have worked in Infini D for years and I am at last moving up to a new system and new programs and of course, the steep learning curve.

I am building a 17th century naval coat to use on a model in Poser 10. It is progressing fine, using the many tutorials for making dresses which are on line. However I am at an impasse. When I try to make a surface selection, the polygon squares are no longer highlighted. This prevents me in looping, etc. I have referred to the Hex manual but cannot find any switch or box that I may have activated.

Thanks for any help in getting me out of this fog

Starboardtack

Comments

• m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Attach picture.
    Allega immagine.
    Ciao
    Bye

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Select one or two face normals/squares in a row and then click "l" on the keyboard to "loop".
    Hold down the Shift key to add or subtract more faces.

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited February 2014

Patience,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I know how to select and loop, the problem is when I click on a square it does not highlight indicating that a selection has been made. It was working fine - I was making selections and looping - all was happy, then something occurred, probably me pressing something I should not have, then I could no longer make a selection. I finally saved all and restarted the program, then I was able to highlight and select again. However, now Hexagon has decided to do it again, I'll keep looking in the manual - I must have missed something crucial.
    Thanks again,
    Starboardtack

Post edited by starboard on
  • dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

try trashing your preference file

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited February 2014

Dot_Bat is probably right, but have a look at your preferences first (Edit drop down list) and check to see if the HighLight box is ticked.

pref.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 241K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

msteaka said:
    Patience,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I know how to select and loop, the problem is when I click on a square it does not highlight indicating that a selection has been made. It was working fine - I was making selections and looping - all was happy, then something occurred, probably me pressing something I should not have, then I could no longer make a selection. I finally saved all and restarted the program, then I was able to highlight and select again. However, now Hexagon has decided to do it again, I'll keep looking in the manual - I must have missed something crucial.
    Thanks again,
    Starboardtack

Oh okay. That's a different matter. I haven't had that happen [yet] but have had the +/- shift selection go wonky. Solution can indeed be to close/re-open Hexagon. And/or Edit, preferences, reset to default. Close/Open and go back to preferences and fix a few things [like, no need to call home for updates, etc.] Sometimes [but not often] re-booting the computer might help too.

Haven't figured out "why" it goes goofy now and then, but often [at least over here] it happens when opening a file that was created in another program.