Normal Map to Bump Map & Cut-Out Opacity Map

Does anyone have an easy way to convert this normal map image to a corresponding bump map(black & white) and a cut-out opacity map? I want to try using it for a cutout opacity map & bump map for wet skin. Looks like it might work well despite its small size.

rainysurfaceN1.jpg
225 x 225 - 25K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited December 2019

Does anyone have an easy way to convert this normal map image to a corresponding bump map(black & white) and a cut-out opacity map? I want to try using it for a cutout opacity map & bump map for wet skin. Looks like it might work well despite its small size.

You could try using Materialize. It's free.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

You could try using Materialize. It's free.

+1

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Materialize is great, but if you don't get the results you like, you might want to try AwesomeBump...

https://github.com/kmkolasinski/AwesomeBump

it's free, it's got a few more options than Materialize (I think), but the GUI isn't as nice and there is a bit more controls to play with that might just complicate or confuse matters... But sometimes a pair of pliers and a visegrip may look similar and function similarly, but one might do a certain job better, so it's good to have both... it's always worth trying, especially if a tool is free.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

is it still a thing that you are not allowed to change mapnames in the cloudfile you use ?

never heard of the mentioned little programs

thank you for that

• Thanks for the hints!