Reby Sky: Issues with Daz Studio?

AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

https://www.daz3d.com/v4-elite-reby-sky

Trying to use this in 4.12 on Mac Mojave. Some items work but others do not (like expressions and some textures).

My question is if this is an issue where it will only work with Poser or if I'm not applying an older asset properly.

Any thoughts/ideas are well appreciated. I like the model as she's got a unique look but I'm not really able to get the most out of the asset if I can't access some of the options.

On a scale of 1-10 this is a 0.5 (read: super low prioritity but a touch higher than idle curiosity.)

Honestly, I'm finding these older V4 assets to be tough to work with sometimes. Maybe I'm better using them in Poser? 

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

How are you loading the figure into the scene?  If I recall, there was some kind of pop up for M4 and V4 with options to select what gets loaded and what does not.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,030

Reby definitely does work in DS, she was made for Poser and DS. However she was released years before Iray in DS was a thing, which means only 3DL materials, and uses a specific shader (Elite Human Surface Shader), so I'm not sure the automatic conversion works properly with her materials. IIRC converting HSS materials to Ubersurface materials (3DL shader which is supported by automatic conversion) is quite simple, though, you just need to apply the base ubersurface shader without replacing the maps or something like that.

Regarding expressions, do you have the V4 morphs installed?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Due to the ExP morph system the generation 4 figures used they and all their morphs need to be installed to the same content library.

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
    Leana said:

Reby definitely does work in DS, she was made for Poser and DS. However she was released years before Iray in DS was a thing, which means only 3DL materials, and uses a specific shader (Elite Human Surface Shader), so I'm not sure the automatic conversion works properly with her materials. IIRC converting HSS materials to Ubersurface materials (3DL shader which is supported by automatic conversion) is quite simple, though, you just need to apply the base ubersurface shader without replacing the maps or something like that.

Interestingly it seems the materials are working. Expressions aren't. Yep, I have all the V4 stuff! It's like it doesn't even try. So strange. I am curious if someone else sees the same issue.

With all the sales of these older assets I suspect we'll see a lot of questions like this in the forums. I wish there was a funding model that would allow a QA person to do some testing of assets to call out issues and provide fixes/guidance. I also wish I had a pony so...I'm pretty much prepared for disappointment.  

Thanks!!!!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Aabacus said:
    Leana said:

Interestingly it seems the materials are working. Expressions aren't. Yep, I have all the V4 stuff! It's like it doesn't even try. So strange. I am curious if someone else sees the same issue.

With all the sales of these older assets I suspect we'll see a lot of questions like this in the forums. I wish there was a funding model that would allow a QA person to do some testing of assets to call out issues and provide fixes/guidance. I also wish I had a pony so...I'm pretty much prepared for disappointment.  

Thanks!!!!

Are you injecting the expressions and morphs?

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

If you are accustomed to working with the Genesis series of DAZ figures, there is an important difference that you need to be aware of when using V4 or any of her characters. Where the Genesis line loads with all morphs available from the root node (the main figure selected), with V4 this is not the case. With V4 there are some morphs that are only available when the head is selected, and these include the sliders for expressions as well as visemes. Are you selecting Reby Sky's head before trying to apply expressions?