Undo behavior in Iray Preview Mode

I noticed that the behavior of the 'undo' history in Iray preview mode is inconsistent. navigation with the mouse is also irregular at times.

Is this behavior by design or am I missing something? thank you.

Comments

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

Inconsistant in what way? Iray preview takes some serious CPU and GPU cycles, and some actions can take a while to do/undo, even in wireframe or texture mode, so depending on the complexity of the scene and the action(s) being undone, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were significant lag between a mouse/keyboard input and the input registering onscreen.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

working in openGL texture mode I might apply a surface change, then adjust a facial morph, then position the head, then change the camera angle. If I undo the process will undo these modifications in reverse

working in Iray preview mode I might do the same; surface, morph, position camera, the undo might undo the last three surface changes I made and never touch the morph target changes, the pose position or camera adjustments.

I've noticed this in the past but I was using legacy figures. I just purchased V8 and started using G8 this week for the first time ever and it does indeed do the same thing. This was the only model in the scene when I was testing. 

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,666

I have seen it do that before, I accidentally nudged my camera, hit ctrl z to undo that, and it undoes something else lol

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

I've run into the undo issue with camera adjustment in both texture shaded and iray preview mode: in fact, more frequently in texture shaded than iray preview since I pretty much only use iray preview to check and tweak lighting prior to running a full render. Don't recall running into undo issues aside from that, though.

I suppose it's possible that DS is so busy renderingin iRay Preview mode that it's not logging some changes. Do you see the same issues if you make your changes in texture shaded mode then switch to iray and undo? What about if you make your changes in iray preview mode the switch to texture shaded and undo?