dev0's Lilly: is this the gen3 or 8 version?

This question fits better in this New Users forum:

I purchased dev0's Lilly. This comes for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8.
When first opening to have a quick look, I was told I had to install Genesis 3 basic files, this despite the fact that I only use Gen8. I looked again, but nowhere it was mentioned that there was a difference between th 3 and 8 version, so there was no choice but to install those files.
Which I did. Now I could see the figure, but I have no idea how I can know this is Gen 3 or 8.
What I do see, is that many of the poses I also purchased do not work with this character due to limits mismatch, which leads me to the idea that this must be the Gen3 version.

Can anyone tell me how I can know for shure this is either 3 or 8, and in case it is 3, how and where I can find 8? I did try a re-install but that doesn't change a thing.

thanks

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2019

I don;t have her, but If you try fitting a G8 outfit to her and you don't get the autofit dialouge, it is G8.

Chances are when you installed her it installed files for G3 and G8. If you look at your content library there should be listings in both the G3 and G8 areas

It alsoa says she requires the growing up morphs, do you have those installed.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

I don't have this character so I don't know if the thumbnails are the same for both versions, but the G3 and G8 versions should be located in different folders / categories in your content library.

If you loaded one of the character presets without knowing which figure it was for and it only appears as "Lilly" in the scene tab, here are a few things you can check to know which base figure is used:

• is the figure default pose a "T" pose (with arms at 90°) or an "A" pose (with arms at 45°)? G3F uses the "T" pose while G8F uses the "A" pose as default.
    • are the eyelashes separate from the figure? G8F has separate lashes, labelled as "Genesis 8 Female eyelashes" in the various tabs
  • Thanks. This solves the problem.

There are indeed three Actors in the content library: one 'Lily HD', one 'Lily HD fibremesh brows' and one "Lily HD textured brows'. I assumed the latter wre both brows loaders.
    Hovering shows that the first one is indeed a Gen3 file, which was now already clear because of the T pose. (I will remember that.
    The other two are G8 files that load the entire character, not only the brows.

Thank you both. Really!