Southeast Asian Village [Commercial]

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
edited December 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So here is a Southeast Asian Village I am building,

currently you have a small variety of Southeast Asian trees, and plants.

plus 2 Southeast Asian huts made from wood and straw roofs,

plus a fire pit with Wok for cooking, comes with potato or meat textures.

plus 2 plastic storage barrels

plus 2 plots of land one is a small hill.

All comments or cretic are most welcome.

thanks

image1.png
900 x 563 - 826K
image2.png
900 x 563 - 695K
image3.png
900 x 563 - 910K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Looks nice. Is there a wooden barrel for bathing?
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

why no instanced grass? the moment state looks more like a computer game.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Looks great, any chance for renders done in IRAY instead of octane with no bloom?

your modeling is well done, but a suggestion if you don't mind. please rethink the texture and export options from Substance painter. I was going to get the Cosy Christmas living Room but 175 textures, especially height maps and roughness maps are overkill and really not needed in DS/Iray.

Keep up the good work!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Nice, though between all those perfectly cut support beams and the modern widows, it's feels too clean and modern to be useful in period pieces, which is what I'd most likely use something like this for.

• Good sugestions all, thanks so much. Will work with them to make it better.

• About my Cosy Christmas living Room, and the 175 textures. Most of the bulk of the textures are normal and roughness maps that are supplied for each object in the room, but many of the objects in the room do not need a roughness map or normals map as you will not get to see them up close so much. But I supply the maps anyways. :)

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited December 2019

So here are some renders in Daz Studio using Iray. as well as a grass prop i created. I can also do some renderings with octane without bloom if you wish.

scene1.png
    900 x 563 - 1M
    scene2.png
    900 x 563 - 1M
    scene4.png
    900 x 563 - 1M
    scene3.png
    900 x 563 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Excited for this! Early next year?

• This would be perfect for an animated film I'm prepping to do soon! 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited October 2020

This would be perfect for an animated film I'm prepping to do soon! 

It does make for a great set for animation I used it for this Karate girl version, very little prep work needed. very customizable set. The only thing i had to change out was the ground for a flat pane to make the ground flat because the sets ground is rather uneven hard for walking cycles to appear flat. . So I created a flat ground pane and used the village sets ground textures to match the set  so the walk cycles would be easier to get done on the uneven terrain. its great for kit bashing as well

Post edited by Ivy on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

So here is a Southeast Asian Village I am building,

currently you have a small variety of Southeast Asian trees, and plants.

plus 2 Southeast Asian huts made from wood and straw roofs,

plus a fire pit with Wok for cooking, comes with potato or meat textures.

plus 2 plastic storage barrels

plus 2 plots of land one is a small hill.

All comments or cretic are most welcome.

thanks

i really love your asian village - i was waiting for this for a while. actually, lol, i've had it for a while, but i only used a few plants by themselves.

today after i bought Tamati i wanted to make a scene - finally! - with the whole setup... and i noticed there is no full environment loading option... all props load by themselves, like i load the house, then the ground (ground 2 is way too high i have to align it), the plant plots (i load 2, they both load in the middle of the scene - and the middle of the house), short, i couldn't find any preset/preload with the whole village at once with the objects in their right place,it seems everything excepted for the options "full house" just loads at point 0... having a full house setup is cool. but i would really appreciate a full village setup.

or is it me??? am i sooo stupid? it's there but i just don't see it???

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited February 2021

This is another animation using the southeast Asian village constructions set in it . I highly recommend this set . very easy to use. Its  great for kit bashing and fits most Asian themed art and animation.

This is my latest video using this set in it, I would love to see more of this type construction sets in the store.

Click pic to play.  Best viewed in 1080HD

Post edited by Ivy on