Anilip and Amazon AWS do I need a subscription????

Do I need a subscription or any additional software or plug-ins from amazon aws? If so what for how much $$$ and where do I get them? I'm into this kinda thing lately so I'm trying this out (possibly) so any help with my questions is appreciated 

Comments

• Do I need a subscription or any additional software or plug-ins from amazon aws? If so what for how much $$$ and where do I get them? I'm into this kinda thing lately so I'm trying this out (possibly) so any help with my questions is appreciated 

Well you can buy https://www.daz3d.com/anilip-2 this here. The only 'subscription' I would recommend would be PC club to get it at a better price next time or whenever it goes on sale.

Looking over the promos, it appears to accept input from a variety of sources including text you write yourself. So do you 'need' a subscription to a source of sounds to work the plugin, no. I did notice a mention made that it takes .wav sounds. It also can make use of the Windows speech recognition stuff so presumably a good mike would be helpful.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited December 2019

@  remiliascomputers Well there you go, it's on sale today :-)

Downloaded, installed, load and select figure, type in some text and run the red button, and next thing you know, talking horse!

The sound wav has to be saved to be kept of course. And additional motion can be applied to the character(s), such as having the horse nod his head while talking.

Thank you for asking your question, never knew the store had this fun plugin.

You absolutely do not "have to have" the polly stuff, that's there for if you want to use that source you can.

this is great.png
    1577 x 864 - 199K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 163

I bought Anilip-2 on steep sale recently and the AWS is for additional [text to speech] voices. Windows or the plugin comes with 2 "robotic" narrator voices David and Zira. It reads the text you typed once and saves the animation in the timeline. You can save that T2S voice as a wav if you want. 

You can opptionally tweak the timing and slightly adjust the strength on the visime frames, and add additional voice over later. 

Easier use is useing a prerecorded wav file added to timeline with help from Animate 2 and then making small adjustments to that sync'd animation if needed. The visemes seem to have a little oddities or limitations when it comes to english P's and B's though where a strong PUH or BUH sound is used as IMO the cheeks dont inflate enough and the lips dont "duck" out enough. Sometimes you can trick T2S animations with tricks like "Poosh" instead of "Push". Even if was quick and dirty dummy mouth animations its a huge time saver over morph animating every sylable manually. 

Havent tried it Mic'd yet to see if I can get better results or perhaps even add new viseme morphs. 

You do need to activate the serial on this plugin though, and remember to unlock limits on face bones as suggested for best results.

• Good to know. How and where do I get the t2s AWS? How much is it?