Triple monitor setup problem

I've been using a triple monitor setup with Daz for years. I recently picked up a 4k monitor to replace my main display, but this causes problems for Studio. I normally undock the "Content Library" pane group, and the "Parameters" pane group and have one on each side monitor, with the main body of the program on the middle monitor. The only way to do this now is to set everything at one scale. For instance, the 4k monitor wants to set the scaling to 150%, and the 24" monitors at 100%. If you do that, the pane groups crash and disappear when you move them to the side monitors. I have to set everything to 100% or 150%. I doubt there's a convenient fix, just wanted to throw it out there.

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 361

The real fix for this will be when Daz Studio switches to using QT5, but no timeline has been given for this. I recently replaced my center monitor with a 5k monitor (which defaults to 200% scaling) and had issues as well, although no panes disappearing.

What I've done is place the main application on a side monitor, and undock the viewport to place in the center instead. Maybe something like this will work for you?

• The real fix for this will be when Daz Studio switches to using QT5, but no timeline has been given for this. I recently replaced my center monitor with a 5k monitor (which defaults to 200% scaling) and had issues as well, although no panes disappearing.

What I've done is place the main application on a side monitor, and undock the viewport to place in the center instead. Maybe something like this will work for you?

I believe it would be more strictly correct to say that the addition of UI scaling depends on switching to Qt5 (which is being worked on - see the change log) - completely updating the application framework is a necessary but not a sufficient condition.

• No wonder this is slow going. Changing major versions of app frameworks is a PITA. You'd think just compile against the new one and voila but it never works that way.