Hexagon locking up.

cnoweevilcnoweevil Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Haven't been here in a while and as a rule I don't use Hexagon much. Lately I've been wanting to do a little modeling and create some simple images to use in a very basic game project I have going on, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade my DAZ Studio version to the latest one. Since doing that, Hexagon now locks up cold while manipulating very simple objects. I don't know what is going on. I've never had this issue with Hexagon before, even with some rather complex objects. Indeed, I've always been very pleased with Hexagon as a modeling tool.

I also had to install DAZ's Install Manager in the process of getting Studio. I do indeed have a lot of applications on my laptop, various compilers, graphics apps (Inkscape, Blender, Paint.NET, Gimp)...etc. Even still, I never had any problems with Hexagon as seemed to coexist without any clashes up until now. Anyone else have a similar problem? I'd really hate to have to ditch Hexagon, it's a real pleasure to work in. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium with 3 gb of memory.

Mark

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You could try resetting your Preferences, that can work in some cases.

I see you are using 64 bit Windows, with only 3 GB memory, that could certainly be a problem for any of your applications. My Win 7 Home Premium uses about 2.85 GB even when it is doing nothing.:)

• cnoweevilcnoweevil Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ya think? Wow, I remember when 3 GB was to die for. You really know you're getting old when....

Another thing. If I upgrade my computer and go with a bigger badder rig, do I get to download Hexagon here again? It's been a long time since I bought this app and I don't believe that I got a disk with it. I think I opted for the download version to save money... or maybe that's all that was being offered at the time or something. Either way, I have no disks... Guess I could always burn one though.

Mark

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you go to 'My Account' at the top of the page, then Product Library when you login, everything you have ever bought is there, and available for download.

When I got my PC over two years ago, it had 8GB. I upgraded soon after to 16 GB and it does make a real difference. 32 bit apps can only use a maximum of 4GB anyway due to the addressing, but at least on Win 7, they get the whole thing, unlike XP.

The latest version of Hex is 2.5.1.79